Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Masters

Spider

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

She could do with some better golf shoes.

Love the masters, can’t wait had a tenner on Dustin and a fiver on Rory

Yeah, but that arse. I'd try and push my entire head in there

The Masters in mid November .... like Christmas in June or daffodils in September. In the US the Masters is enjoyed as much for being a harbinger of Spring as for the excellent golf.

Since a major in November is so unprecedented it is hard to come up with a profile of what's required to win this tournament. In theory greens will be slower and weather less predictable - which may favour Europeans more than the normal timing. 

I'd love to see an Englishman win it. It's the one of the three US majors that home golfers have seen the most success in - Willett in 2016 being the last. English golfers have generally been poor in majors since Faldo. Rose is the only other major success in the US Open at Merion a few years ago. 

Despite that track record I am hoping one of Fleetwood, Hatton, Rose or Casey can do the business. Maybe Rose's solid and unspectacular game fits this bill. Maybe I'm allowing hope to prosper over logic. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The Masters in mid November .... like Christmas in June or daffodils in September. In the US the Masters is enjoyed as much for being a harbinger of Spring as for the excellent golf.

Since a major in November is so unprecedented it is hard to come up with a profile of what's required to win this tournament. In theory greens will be slower and weather less predictable - which may favour Europeans more than the normal timing. 

I'd love to see an Englishman win it. It's the one of the three US majors that home golfers have seen the most success in - Willett in 2016 being the last. English golfers have generally been poor in majors since Faldo. Rose is the only other major success in the US Open at Merion a few years ago. 

Despite that track record I am hoping one of Fleetwood, Hatton, Rose or Casey can do the business. Maybe Rose's solid and unspectacular game fits this bill. Maybe I'm allowing hope to prosper over logic. 

Suits Fleetwood I think, especially if the weather is bad.

Worth a few dabs for sure