Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"Johnny Concrete"

DazBob

• Members
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Don't be surprised if the people you sometimes disagree with on here aren't amazing in real life. Everyone I've ever met off here has been a gem in real life. 

Aye. 

Garrp and I used to fight like cat and dog on here. We then met and next thing you know we're spooning in bed together whilst Tomski is watching Babestation in the living room.

Trawling posts on here and linking it to real life is a bit fierce but fair enough.

I don’t give it out on here as I wouldn’t in real life as I’m the opposite of Johnny Concrete.

Some of the arguments on here are a good read but some are really dull and shite.

• Members
3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

The same Garrp who hasn't been seen since Sober Dan gave him a shoeing? :D 

Yep. I think Sober Dan took exception to something he said to him on here.

Saw him in "real life" and gave him a good pasting.

Garrp's not been seen on here since, which is a shame ... and further proof that we should stick to arguing on here but spooning in real life.

• Site Supporter

I’m not going to jail because I ended up turning one of you lot to a fine paste outside subway.

My only defence  in court would be that it’s unfair of God to give one human such extraordinary power. I’d need a very understanding judge.

No. You’re all safe.

I’ll let you all do your own pavement dancing and hair pulling without me.

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I smoke too much Mary Jane to fight with anyone 

except @Not in Crawley‘S cat, that little cunt is having it 

i very much doubt that would be fighting ,be an argument about a knitting competition on the south bank,

I realliy do not understand why the public do not support us

never mind , our 165 million pound grant from the BBC make it worth while

• Site Supporter

Aren’t we all guilty of typing on here as we’d speak in a tap room. Things in the pub are said, heard, responded to then something else gets said, heard, responded to. It’s how group conversation works.

On here, however, things get typed and then someone who wasn’t even around during that conversation can read it any time in the future and respond. Also, the lack of inflection in writing makes it difficult to tell the difference between, “Fuck off Dazbob, you cunt!” And, “Fuck off Dazbob, you cunt!” You see, I typed the one of them with a jolly grin on my face and the other I really pressed hard on my keyboard and went, “Grr!” as I typed. But which one’s which?

• Members
8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Aren’t we all guilty of typing on here as we’d speak in a tap room. Things in the pub are said, heard, responded to then something else gets said, heard, responded to. It’s how group conversation works.

On here, however, things get typed and then someone who wasn’t even around during that conversation can read it any time in the future and respond. Also, the lack of inflection in writing makes it difficult to tell the difference between, “Fuck off Dazbob, you cunt!” And, “Fuck off Dazbob, you cunt!” You see, I typed the one of them with a jolly grin on my face and the other I really pressed hard on my keyboard and went, “Grr!” as I typed. But which one’s which?

Exactly mate.

It's all too easy to think that someone is putting words in your mouth or making an assumption. The way one reads something isn't necessarily the way someone intended for it to be read.

That's why everything should be taken with a pinch of salt and not taken so personally.

If/when posters meet one another in the flesh then make the judgments then.

• Members
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Exactly mate.

It's all too easy to think that someone is putting words in your mouth or making an assumption. The way one reads something isn't necessarily the way someone intended for it to be read.

That's why everything should be taken with a pinch of salt and not taken so personally.

If/when posters meet one another in the flesh then make the judgments then.

When I meet @bolton_blondie we’re gonna have it out, tops off fight club stylee