Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Saying domestic policy isn't as important as foreign policy is a bit silly as they are both symbiotic.

Just because of the issues in other countries does not mean that the issues with the UK's economy because less important.

One can hold two positions concurrently and give them equal weight for different reasons.

Aye.

i wasn’t really saying that anyway, just having a laugh and also pointing out how privileged we are to live in peace. 

3 hours ago, globaldiver said:

That’s my point; we’ve had the initial response and it is clear that Israel are moving folks to expose Hamas, so minimising the collateral damage. 
The rest of the (sane) world are asking for caution and Israel are currently doing so.

Your bias shines through. 

What should they be doing?

I’ve made it clear I’m not biased on this, that’s up to you whether you chose to believe it. 

I support Israel’s right to defend themselves.

If you think there is no collateral damage then you’re in cloud cuckoo land. 

In answer to your question, they could start by not bombing convoys of women and children on a designated evacuation route, they could also follow Red Cross guidance that ensures paramedics can safely respond to emergencies.

Easing their occupation of land in the West Bank, where Hamas aren’t active, will also help. 

It is a conflict that requires compromise from both sides. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Israel get their people massacred and yet, somehow, are getting the blame and full attention.

Why are Hamas allowed to break the rules of war but Israel aren’t?

Its a bit mental

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Israel get their people massacred and yet, somehow, are getting the blame and full attention.

And people wonder why they do things their own way.

Despite not following the ways of their attackers, its still their fault.

Still if our national broadcaster can't bring itself to describe Hamas as others do, then no wonder.

I think it’s an exaggeration to say Hamas aren’t receiving their share of the blame.  

Israel are a democracy, a western ally & not a jihadist organisation. So it’s only right to hold them to higher standards than backwards vermin such as Hamas. 

If an extremist kills one of your own, is it right to kill innocent children to get back at them? More importantly, are you still acting in defence? Wouldn’t hold up in a court of law at least, but war is different. 

Seen it quoted many times that Israel have the right to reply with ‘proportionate’ force. I haven’t seen anyone, anywhere say what proportionate means. I’ve also seen reports that they have been indiscriminate in their bombing. Who can tell what is indiscriminate and what is targeted. No one, certainly no one on. Wanderersways. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Something to do with one being a terrorist organisation and the other being a civilised society. 

The huge irony laid bare.

Terrorists aren't held to the same standards: war crimes etc, but those they seek to wipe from existence are expected to.

The very thing that terror groups try to use for their own means.

Folk complain when Gaza gets bombed. Folk complain when supplies are restricted. Folk complain when Israel tells people to move away, so they can tackle to terrorists.

Everything breaks some rule or other.

What are the UN etc, doing to stop Hamas etc?

What us Israel supposed to do?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Seen it quoted many times that Israel have the right to reply with ‘proportionate’ force. I haven’t seen anyone, anywhere say what proportionate means. I’ve also seen reports that they have been indiscriminate in their bombing. Who can tell what is indiscriminate and what is targeted. No one, certainly no one on. Wanderersways. 

I think we'd soon witness what indiscriminate really was, if Israel didn't target specifically, but just laid waste to the place.

• Members
20 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Not to mention how many 'international laws' those murderous bastards comply with? Taking women and children as hostages. No doubt gang raped, beheaded or incinerated and the like yet Israel must observe the Queensbury Rules.

As Nowack says, there's the difference. One uses it's armed 'fighters' to protect and defend its people. The other uses its people as human shields. Hamas are a cancer which needs obliterating. The surgeon is on his way.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Does it really need saying? 

Hamas is a cancer.

Treating cancer often means destroying cancerous cells but also means destroying healthy ones in the process.

Sad but true.

The Palestinian people have the option to distance themselves from Hamas both physically and idealogically , but they don't. Therefore they are knowingly putting themselves and their families in the line of fire.

Fact is that support for Hamas is strong. That support carries risk.

They have the option to get out of the way, or better still, stop supporting an organisation that is willing to use them as human shields.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Yeah. Seen that, many times . He’s wrong and they are wrong. Don’t you agree?

They referred to the murders in Belgium as terrorism. Straight away. 

Surely the person who did it would claim the same type of grievances as Hamas?

It also doesn't stop BBC individuals from making comments associated with "one side or other" on other stories neither.

If they want to keep to a moral code, then do it each and every time.