Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

13 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Oh yes, all the deaths, long covid, all the suffering of thousands of people losing love ones, it's all a hugh bluff. I wouldn't wish covid on anyone, but a mild dose might make you wake up and face reality.

if they get it and dont die wont they have naturally aquired antibodies ?

if they get it and die do they still allow you to bury the body ? 

no matter how dystopian they make it, folk still arent budging. 

its really impressive. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I can't understand people in the UK reluctance to see what a bloody mess Boris has made of the covid crisis. Locking down too late, advising, instead of instructing, relaxing restrictions to quickly, failing to lockdown over Christmas properly and then announcing freedom day as if covid has magically disappeared.

Hes a useless twat

But I'm happy to take my chances

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Dimron said:

Masks do not protect the wearer

They protect the people they might breathe onto

Not entirely true. But largely. 

Some figure put out early on was around around 6-8% reduction in risk of catching it by the wearer. Dunno if that's changed since.

Each to their own, but I reckon that's quite a decent benefit, so in certain situations I wear one. 

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I can't understand people in the UK reluctance to see what a bloody mess Boris has made of the covid crisis. Locking down too late, advising, instead of instructing, relaxing restrictions to quickly, failing to lockdown over Christmas properly and then announcing freedom day as if covid has magically disappeared.

No doubt mistakes made, and these will come out during the inquiry.

As has been discussed at length on here though, there are loads of reasons that affect numbers of cases etc.

One of those reasons is people, and their attitude to government control. Seems generally less acceptable here than in most other places.

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No doubt mistakes made, and these will come out during the inquiry.

As has been discussed at length on here though, there are loads of reasons that affect numbers of cases etc.

One of those reasons is people, and their attitude to government control. Seems generally less acceptable here than in most other places.

If the inquiry eventually does happen...

Was it not first requested in autumn last year?

and of course the Russian interference in elections during last the general election 2 years did not come out dispute boris promising it will come out after the election.

16 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Yep, he has cost lives in this country by being incompetent.

I think the acceptance that the current government is incompetent and the successful vaccine rollout has meant people have glossed over it. This along with people wanting to look forward to a better time even though it is a pretense with current rising rates.

1 hour ago, Tungsten3 said:

Yep, he has cost lives in this country by being incompetent.

I think the acceptance that the current government is incompetent and the successful vaccine rollout has meant people have glossed over it. This along with people wanting to look forward to a better time even though it is a pretense with current rising rates.

So this wonderful, world beating vaccination rollout has kept the new infection figures down to an average of 30,000 a day. Well well done Boris.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So this wonderful, world beating vaccination rollout has kept the new infection figures down to an average of 30,000 a day. Well well done Boris.

Jesus. He alone makes every decision does he?

No input from anyone else.

When Spain matches the low level of restrictions we have, see what happens then. 

Loads of people wanted restrictions lifting earlier than they were; in the words of whitty "we have to learn to live with it at some point".

Unless you have all the answers and can prove they're correct then sometimes you have to try things 

20000 of us enjoyed a day in the sun at the football today. Shite result but a pleasure to go nonetheless. 

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Jesus. He alone makes every decision does he?

No input from anyone else.

When Spain matches the low level of restrictions we have, see what happens then. 

Loads of people wanted restrictions lifting earlier than they were; in the words of whitty "we have to learn to live with it at some point".

Unless you have all the answers and can prove they're correct then sometimes you have to try things 

20000 of us enjoyed a day in the sun at the football today. Shite result but a pleasure to go nonetheless. 

As far as I know U K has no restrictions, in Spain we have to wear masks inside, that's the only restriction. IT's averaging around 25,000 cases a day Spain around 3000. I reckon Spain have it right, don't you. Glad you enjoyed your day in the sun. 

Just now, waffer cup 07 said:

As far as I know U K has no restrictions, in Spain we have to wear masks inside, that's the only restriction. UK's averaging around 25,000 cases a day Spain around 3000. I reckon Spain have it right, don't you. Glad you enjoyed your day in the sun. 

Edited by waffer cup 07

48 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

As far as I know U K has no restrictions, in Spain we have to wear masks inside, that's the only restriction. IT's averaging around 25,000 cases a day Spain around 3000. I reckon Spain have it right, don't you. Glad you enjoyed your day in the sun. 

It has restrictions. At least be accurate eh In your doom and gloom from 1500 miles away. 

on another note I believe on good authority Someone got mugged in chania in Crete tonight. Have a lovely evening 

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It has restrictions. At least be accurate eh In your doom and gloom from 1500 miles away. 

on another note I believe on good authority Someone got mugged in chania in Crete tonight. Have a lovely evening 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/coronavirus

Bit more than face masks too.

Strangely, the UK has a population of around 40-50% more than Spain.

They have had 85000+ deaths.

Increase that by 40-50% and weirdly it is very similar to UK deaths.

Just so easy to blame one person though, and not bother to look even a little scientifically at all factors.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/coronavirus

Bit more than face masks too.

Strangely, the UK has a population of around 40-50% more than Spain.

They have had 85000+ deaths.

Increase that by 40-50% and weirdly it is very similar to UK deaths.

Just so easy to blame one person though, and not bother to look even a little scientifically at all factors.

Scotland we have to wear masks and we are the covid hotspot of Europe! He clearly doesn’t know what he’s on about. Anyway It’s just shite pal constant shite. It’s just political nonsense 

14 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

That's pretty shit mate, and the bad side of all this. 

It's about responsibility, and unfortunately your employers are not being responsible.

I've known him for 20 odd years and have jacked a couple of times previously only to come back when he gets himself in the inevitable mess.  No way am I going to work in schools this winter with all those little covid-bombs milling around like grenades about to explode and release viruses like shrapnel,  I caught covid from a school this summer.