Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

In my lifetime, teams have rarely taken the piss out of Bolton, our best teams always had steel/bottle/togetherness - think  Taggart/Pollock/Nolan/Mc Ginlay etc, lads who could win the personal battles. We currently have no winners, no leaders, no angry lads who hate losing.

We’re just a team full of  pussies basically, yeh we’re ok when teams give us space and time to play around with it, but any sign of aggression or determination from the opposition and this current crop are found wanting.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Stockport were decent. 

Up for it.

Had they're sights on 'giant' killing based on us being in Europe when they were being relegated from the championship. 

We're not a giant killing. They've had some tough seasons since being non league and they are on there way back

The Shittest result we've seen in recent years is 7-1 away to Accrington 

FACT 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep. 

I had a bad feeling about tonight, becasue of the story of players being a bit pissed on Sunday.

Missed the first few minutes, and was surprised to see us leading comfortably when I put it on.

From that moment onwards, we were abysmal all over.

Unlike Mounts, I don't see a response come Saturday, as it seems something has gone badly wrong.

Considering Wycombe appear to have lost their last 4 at home, it should be a good time to play them, but we know what that usually means.

Wycombe’s FA cup exit was worse than ours 👀

The less said about tonight the better, should've known with us scoring so early on it wouldn't last. The last 15 minutes of normal time was atrocious, invited pressure constantly and it looked certain they'd score.

Fairplay to Stockport, great support throughout. Do wonder how many there usually spend their Saturday's at the Etihad though.

Queue for a pint at the only bar was awful too but the pie, mash and gravy looked bloody good! 

4 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

The less said about tonight the better, should've known with us scoring so early on it wouldn't last. The last 15 minutes of normal time was atrocious, invited pressure constantly and it looked certain they'd score.

Fairplay to Stockport, great support throughout. Do wonder how many there usually spend their Saturday's at the Etihad though.

Queue for a pint at the only bar was awful too but the pie, mash and gravy looked bloody good! 

The cheese and onion pie I had was quality. Good cookery as Marcus Wareing might say. 

The only positive thing about the entire event actually. Fucking crap that. I'm positive about us usually but tonight has made me dread Saturday and anything that might come after it. That was a cup game though and we won our last league game so I'll stay positive.

The worst we've played for some time, but the reality is that we got knocked out of a cup we couldn't win by a team giving their absolute best.

League positions mean nothing in the Cup. We won at Anfield, Goodison & Highbury : it didn't mean we were better than those clubs., we just applied ourselves better on the day.

Evatt is still well in credit and the team/squad is a work in progress. We strengthened last January and in the summer and I expect we'll go again in Jan. We're not going up and we're not going down.

I was disappointed during and immediately after the game, but that has passed now. My two current concerns are a lack of strength in depth, Jones, Williams & Doyle were badly missed and also Evatt's reluctance to stick with a centre half partnership for more than one game at a time.

Take a point at Wycombe and start afresh.

Still a bit stunned & will probably torture myself watching a recording of it tomorrow to try & make sense of it.

I still think our best team is good but our squad players aren't good enough & can't cover the loss of Jones, MJ, Doyle or an out of sorts Dapo.

Stockport deserved it, i hate to say it but they looked like they wanted it more than us & once again we couldn't cope with Quigley.  Our one bright spot was the efforts of Isgrove.......if the other players had his heart & fight we wouldn't have folded so easily.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

The worst we've played for some time, but the reality is that we got knocked out of a cup we couldn't win by a team giving their absolute best.

League positions mean nothing in the Cup. We won at Anfield, Goodison & Highbury : it didn't mean we were better than those clubs., we just applied ourselves better on the day.

Evatt is still well in credit and the team/squad is a work in progress. We strengthened last January and in the summer and I expect we'll go again in Jan. We're not going up and we're not going down.

I was disappointed during and immediately after the game, but that has passed now. My two current concerns are a lack of strength in depth, Jones, Williams & Doyle were badly missed and also Evatt's reluctance to stick with a centre half partnership for more than one game at a time.

Take a point at Wycombe and start afresh.

Spot on Uncle Traf, proper pissed off at how we sat back for the last 20 odd minutes, it was clear that they were still up for it & you just knew they'd equalise, you could taste it in the air!

Then extra time came, they were still up for it & we were still coasting & being lackadaisical.. then there was only one result. 

I hope IE learns from that & sorts it out in the league because today was unacceptable, we needed that cup run money & he spunked it. He'd better pull out some January marvel freebies because we can't sign owt now.

Losing to non league with them scoring 7 over 2 legs, not acceptable 

Edited by BOWTUN BAKED

• Site Supporter

Not read back through all this but while it was disappointing and we didn’t play well at all, it was a great defeat to show exactly how poor we are at the basics of football.

Our set pieces are woefully inadequate. Santos is crying out for a solid centre half next to him. Our full backs allow far too many crosses to come into the box, granted Izzy isn’t a full back. Our keeper offers no help at all with crosses coming in, I’ve changed my mind on him, we need better. The midfield is weak as piss without MJ in there, and still light even when he is in there.

Apart from that, we’re not too bad.

We know we can knock it about but it’s long overdue the coaching staff drilled the basics into them

5 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What has that Evatt said; cunts the lot of them. They can fuck off this season

That’s where I’m at…..

If they don’t give a fuck I ain’t wasting my time and money neither.

We need to know what really  happened re our captain.

Evatt clearly has problems when you are outfought and outplayed by a NL team.

Even if he has lost the dressing room, do these wankers have no professional pride?