Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crewe A

radcliffe white

352 as a system has worked better for us with the personel we have/had. 

Dapo deffo did have a spell earlier on in the season where he became very easy to mark when out wide. Teams doubled him and he couldn't have any impact. 

I don't think he's a natural no 10 but I prefer him floating about behind the striker .

With the strikers we have now we need to play two up top, whether that's 442 or 352 , I'll leave that up to Evatt 

55 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dapo had dried up a bit wide left though. Teams sussed him a bit.

From time to time he's played some lovely balls through for strikers whilst in a deeper position.

I'd be interested to see the number of assists and chances he's made in a central role as opposed to his wide one.

Perhaps the issue is more complex though- again only 2 midfielders today, with Sadlier replacing fossey.

So long as we win, then I suppose its fine, but I felt that last week, against a better side, it did us no favours.

More specifically on Dapo, he definitely seems a confidence player and sometimes his shoulders slump and his body language can be a bit off. A goal would see him right.

I'm sure there was a stat a few months back that said Dapo hadn't got any assists prior to moving inside?  Could be wrong, but that cross that he put on Kachunga's head last week that deserved to be an assist, was a one off, that just didn't happen pre-Christmas, he tended to shoot rather than cross.  And if he did cross, the lone striker Doyle couldn't convert. He was never a winger that set up goals like for eg Morais.

He didn't get an "assist" for the Doyle goal v Stockport, but the sublime pass for Isgrove that set up the chance showed how he can create a goal from deep, and then there was that amazing run and goal v Sunderland.

I prefer Sadlier in the middle myself though, got more variety to his game and speeds it up rather than slows it down.

29 minutes ago, gonzo said:

See the holier than thou nob heads are out in force once again.

Sitting there watching ifollow on your dodgy fire sticks slagging fans that were there. You're the fuckin M0ngs.

Last minute goals on the back of an utterly shit game with 2.3k fans backing us all the way is why we do it.

If you dont like it fuck off and watch Rugby or summet you sad cunts.

Amen brother. It's like they can't wait to have a dig from up there on their high horse. Last minute wins like today are ffn mint. God knows what they must have said about our goal celebrations at Burnden Park (if they were ever there). Go follow Formula One or summat ffs, cos I don't think BWFC are for superior beings like you

42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

See the holier than thou nob heads are out in force once again.

Sitting there watching ifollow on your dodgy fire sticks slagging fans that were there. You're the fuckin M0ngs.

Last minute goals on the back of an utterly shit game with 2.3k fans backing us all the way is why we do it.

If you dont like it fuck off and watch Rugby or summet you sad cunts.

100% this

33 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

352 as whether that's 442 or 352 , I'll leave that up to Evatt 

Evatt, however, is committed to 3-5-2 as a formation. Part of his learning has to mix & match, to alter formations even within games, to use the players available & adapt, but ultimately he wants a 3-5-2.

If we have breathing space he will work on getting that to flow, not revert to 4 at the back. That means Dapo is exposed.

I know it's "only Crewe", and whatever the twitter brigade will be saying, but that was a belting end to a terrible performance. 

Cracking day out in all, with plenty of wanderers taking over town. One of you mentioned the market hall for ale, great shout. 

Trains back were guff though, cancellations everywhere. Wigan train cancelled, so it was pile onto Manchester. A broken down train at Salford Crescent sent everything coming out of Manchester North West-way to rat shit.

Taxi home it was then, kerching.

Even though I'm not one for going on the pitch unless it's promotion stuff, just bottle that last minute winning feeling and sell it... magic stuff.

1st ten of both halves we started well.

if we had scored with that first attack in the first few mins, we would have hammered them.  Fair play to them, they did ok

tough pitch and bad wind, but we still ground out a result.

we wouldn't have done that a few years ago,

any win is a good win.

Top, top day. Maybe it was the early Spring sunshine, or the lack of pressure... I still felt confident going into the final moments. I didn't see the ball hit the net, just the absolute limbs that followed. My lad unleashed that incredible, indescribable emotion.

It seems the players are buying into the emotion; the cancelled train meant there was no point rushing back so I took the kids to the players entrance via a nice little chippy.

Few photos later, and youngest is given a gift from his favourite player.

Top notch Bolton; days like this secure our future fan base- not a nice happy clappy ESL

Just back...... no problem with experimenting but Sadlier is not a right wing back & Dapo is not a no10 (again) & should play on the left & though we went a bit agricultural long ball in the 2nd half, we did deserve to win.

Great turnout & support , & no problem with the slightly over the top celebrations, the team clearly loved it but Neil the Cunt probably won't.

Trains back a mess, got back to Picc with loads of noisy yoof, announcement that next Bolton train would not stop at Bolton, announcement ignored, the packed train goes from Picc to Oxford Rd & then gives up, jump off & get on following packed B/pool train to Bolton........a bit of a shambles but overall a good day out.

MoTM, possibly Aimson, excellent defensively but average with his distribution.

Just got home via a taxi from Wigan. There’s a very fucking lovely feeling sat in the Swan & Railway and asking ‘have you been to the game?’ and they’ve all been to the Wanderers game. Outstanding. As is Crewe if you go away from the ground. Game was shite but sod it we’ve won.

I also get a bonus point for making the ‘sit down, I can’t see’ gag to @little whitt

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

Top, top day. Maybe it was the early Spring sunshine, or the lack of pressure... I still felt confident going into the final moments. I didn't see the ball hit the net, just the absolute limbs that followed. My lad unleashed that incredible, indescribable emotion.

It seems the players are buying into the emotion; the cancelled train meant there was no point rushing back so I took the kids to the players entrance via a nice little chippy.

Few photos later, and youngest is given a gift from his favourite player.

Top notch Bolton; days like this secure our future fan base- not a nice happy clappy ESL

That's probably because no other team in the league has scored as many late goals as we have. We've scored 20 goals in the last fifteen minutes of matches this season.

Had a great day out with the Musketeers.

Breakfast in Manc, then train to Crewe.

Spotted Ashburner St Fish Market Stall getting on at Stockport on his tod.

He came and sat with the Musketeers, and told us about his big Friday out in the Beehive....

Got to Crewe, and then had a route march to Albert's Corner. Nice boozer, pleasant staff, and decent prices.

Sat outside enjoying the Spring sun - the General got a bit brunt.... ☀️

The General & the LL Legend were desperate to get to the ground so they scarpered. 

Me & Ash finished our beers then ambled to the ground.

Passed Ash over to The Dog, who was made up to see his boy.

Pleasure to spend time time with him, good lad 👍

Spent 1st half having a natter with embankment, and having a go at some negative cunt behind us...

Was a shite game, but another last minute goal made the day even better.

The LL Legend took a massive tumble celebrating the goal - possible broken hand!

Kebab after the game, few beers on the trains back....

5 hours ago, jeep said:

Had a great day out with the Musketeers.

Breakfast in Manc, then train to Crewe.

Spotted Ashburner St Fish Market Stall getting on at Stockport on his tod.

He came and sat with the Musketeers, and told us about his big Friday out in the Beehive....

Got to Crewe, and then had a route march to Albert's Corner. Nice boozer, pleasant staff, and decent prices.

Sat outside enjoying the Spring sun - the General got a bit brunt.... ☀️

The General & the LL Legend were desperate to get to the ground so they scarpered. 

Me & Ash finished our beers then ambled to the ground.

Passed Ash over to The Dog, who was made up to see his boy.

Pleasure to spend time time with him, good lad 👍

Spent 1st half having a natter with embankment, and having a go at some negative cunt behind us...

Was a shite game, but another last minute goal made the day even better.

The LL Legend took a massive tumble celebrating the goal - possible broken hand!

Kebab after the game, few beers on the trains back....

Cheers for looking after Ashburner St .

On the discussion with Mr Negative.  I would have gone down the passive aggressive mode . Was quite impressed with " are you calling me out @@@@ "

Anyway he went very quiet.