Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crewe A

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I felt a bit sorry for those who were on that train before it pulled in to Crewe.
90% of those who got on at Crewe won't have had a ticket for that train. They'd have been on cheapo off-peak returnd not covering Avanti trains.
I've asked for a refund.

Our train from Leeds was cancelled, the next one was cancelled, the connecting train Manc to Nantwich cancelled, train back from Crewe cancelled, train manc to Leeds cancelled . I asked for a refund been told the admin fee is bigger than the refund so no chance. 

for me that was the best away game of the season, easy to get to on the train, beltin away end,my only slight gripe was the pubs missed out on a fortune with the lack of staff they had, also a note to the lady sering behind the bar in the brunswick,it was much appreciated for you not to wear a bra 💖

for me the midfield is the issue looks like he tries to play 3 midfielders in a diamond, leaving morley to do the graft on his own. get dapo up top with dion and 3 midfielders morley,dempsey and sadlier for me.

• Site Supporter

Cracking day out, few beers in Manchester then 13.55 train down. Straight back for more beers in Manchester and a scoop or 2 in Rawtenstall.

can’t beat last minute away winners, been a few of them this season. That’s me done with aways this season but fab way to bow out. Enjoyed this season overall

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Cracking day out, few beers in Manchester then 13.55 train down. Straight back for more beers in Manchester and a scoop or 2 in Rawtenstall.

can’t beat last minute away winners, been a few of them this season. That’s me done with aways this season but fab way to bow out. Enjoyed this season overall

is the Mrs ok pal 

48 minutes ago, gonzo said:

This season has made a generation of supporters 

It has been ace, some of the aways have been as good as I can ever remember.

Miles better than the L1 promotion season for experiences, at least we're not turning up in massive numbers everywhere and losing 1-0 all the time like then!

41 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It has been ace, some of the aways have been as good as I can ever remember.

Miles better than the L1 promotion season for experiences, at least we're not turning up in massive numbers everywhere and losing 1-0 all the time like then!

Similar kind of away support to the 1992/3 & 1994/5 seasons but this time with the fearless youth we will probably end up averaging around 1600 great for a mid table L1 side 

31 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Similar kind of away support to the 1992/3 & 1994/5 seasons but this time with the fearless youth we will probably end up averaging around 1600 great for a mid table L1 side 

Really good that especially as a few of the away ends/allocations aren't much bigger than that anyway! Lays a strong base for away support next season already looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

I think a big difference between now and those seasons, or any, are the number of sell outs.  This may be because there are so many small and/or local grounds in this league, but I can't ever remember having to be so "prepared" to get a ticket for an away game.  I'm sure we just used to turn up at 90% of grounds and pay on the day even at relatively local grounds, its stopped me going to a few coz I'm not organised enough to know in advance if I'm definitely going, by which time its too late.

Just checked crowd for Wigan away in April 93 when Kelly scored his wonder goal and we were a month from promotion, it was 5,408, I'm sure we all paid on the gate to stand on the terrace.  If that was now about 8,000 of us would turn up.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think a big difference between now and those seasons, or any, are the number of sell outs.  This may be because there are so many small and/or local grounds in this league, but I can't ever remember having to be so "prepared" to get a ticket for an away game.  I'm sure we just used to turn up at 90% of grounds and pay on the day even at relatively local grounds, its stopped me going to a few coz I'm not organised enough to know in advance if I'm definitely going, by which time its too late.

Just checked crowd for Wigan away in April 93 when Kelly scored his wonder goal and we were a month from promotion, it was 5,408, I'm sure we all paid on the gate to stand on the terrace.  If that was now about 8,000 of us would turn up.

Very good point that don’t recall many sell outs perhaps that these days it’s all over social media and back then it was communicated via the BEN

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

your memory is a bit faulty for that one in 93. We had to buy tickets for that one and only season ticket holders stood a chance. We only had 2,000 tickets and there was another 1,000 of us in the home end. I reckon we'd have had 5-6000 there that day had it been pay on the day with the right capacity. I think the away end capacity had been reduced because the grass bank had to be fenced off.

I take your wider point though.

50 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

your memory is a bit faulty for that one in 93. We had to buy tickets for that one and only season ticket holders stood a chance. We only had 2,000 tickets and there was another 1,000 of us in the home end. I reckon we'd have had 5-6000 there that day had it been pay on the day with the right capacity. I think the away end capacity had been reduced because the grass bank had to be fenced off.

I take your wider point though.

Well remembered. We had STs but couldn't get tickets for the reduced away end.  Had someone decided after 20 years that the grassed slope and cowshed were h&s risks?

As always, we took over their ground that day too.  Watched it from the side in front of the main stand, outnumbering them by about 2 to 1, with Wanderers songs sang all game.