Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shite Jobs As An Apprentice.

leigh white

• Members
16 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Lighting the salamander to warm the workplace up in winter, feeding the cats, and going the chippy at dinnertime with a cardboard box and getting a shipping order.

What’s a salamander? 
Not a lizard in this case I assume

• Site Supporter

Draining water traps on Diesel engines in winter 

cleaning out the drums of cement mixers 

cleaning the canteen 

Cleaning the waste oil bund 

my apprenticeship was constant shit jobs but somehow learnt the ropes too 

12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Going to chippy and then being made to mop the garage floor while the cunts ate theirs and mine went cold 😞

I used to get sent back for something that was wrong but wasn't. Id buy a paper for myself and someone would nick it.

I was cheif rockwooler and fire blanket manhandler. No overalls or mask allowed, Ive probably got the shard lay at the bottom of my lungs.

Id like to say it was all ace and character building, but it wasnt. It was totally shit and the bullying cunts were always fat middle fuckers with shit lives and hate their families.

• Members
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I used to get sent back for something that was wrong but wasn't. Id buy a paper for myself and someone would nick it.

I was cheif rockwooler and fire blanket manhandler. No overalls or mask allowed, Ive probably got the shard lay at the bottom of my lungs.

Id like to say it was all ace and character building, but it wasnt. It was totally shit and the bullying cunts were always fat middle fuckers with shit lives and hate their families.

I did work experience at a mechanics , they were all sound apart from one guy. NHS specs, grey greasy hair , he was horrible. He grabbed a bucket of used motor oil and launched it at me. Touched my arm with a hot exhaust, still have the mark now, all day throwing stuff at me. 
Hopefully he’s dead now. 

• Members

I have a trainee physio in at the moment, On a Friday she gets sent to go and get the breakfasts, but I also pay for hers and get her a pint when we finish. Different world now thank fuck.

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter

I absolutely hated my Apprenticeship. Just felt like a continuation of school, which I fucking hated too. Wasn't much banter either, just military-style discipline. Sanding your steel benchtop down at the end of every day, and getting bollocked if you hadn't sanded a perfect 1 inch border round the edge. Instructors were absolute cunts. Thank fuck I went technical instead of shopfloor. Best times I had were working for my uncle during school holidays, fitting double-glazing for SafeStyle UK all over the country. Probably should have stuck with that, but at least I've got a decent pension for my kids to inherit when I drop dead at 55.

Edited by Cheese

14 hours ago, leigh white said:

Lighting the salamander to warm the workplace up in winter, feeding the cats, and going the chippy at dinnertime with a cardboard box and getting a shipping order.

Bloody hell did we work at the same place .

Always managed to adjust the prices so I got a free chippy dinner. 

Cleaning out the luke warm brew machine. 

On the brightside .

Once I could drive , taking the office girl to the post office at 4pm ( early dart).

Swinton lass , no great looker but a decent pair of stocking clad legs. Took her in the Footballer.

Ventured past the giggle spot twice . Then she got really keen.

Binned her of and avoided the office for 4 years.

Honestly never saw her again until I was leaving the firm. Manager asked me to go and say goodbye to her.