Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Heartburn

Rudy

• Members
11 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Does gaviscon touch it? 

I had a mate who was a pisshead used to take these tablets to change the ph in his stomach or so he said. Big white fuckers like chalk

Rennies. Ate them like sweets when I was a Thurs-Sunday piss pot 

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

One of you queers swore blind  about something that you take for heartburn, what is it? 

gracias amigos x

If you have heartburn most days get to your  GP for some omeprazole. I was like athywhite and 10 years of taking I’ve only had heartburn once when I got food poisoning. You’ll have to do an H Pylori test first to make sure it’s not an infection in your gut that’s causing it 

Its not “rescue” med though. It’s preventative. Nexium is the same stuff basically and can be bought from a chemist but is expensive

pantoprazole, rabeprazole and lansoprazole all work just as well as omeprazole

• Members
11 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

If you have heartburn most days get to your  GP for some omeprazole. I was like athywhite and 10 years of taking I’ve only had heartburn once when I got food poisoning. You’ll have to do an H Pylori test first to make sure it’s not an infection in your gut that’s causing it 

Its not “rescue” med though. It’s preventative. Nexium is the same stuff basically and can be bought from a chemist but is expensive

pantoprazole, rabeprazole and lansoprazole all work just as well as omeprazole

Vile druggy

I used to be on Omeprazole or Tagamet etc for donkeys years.  Went to see my Doctor and told him I didn’t want tablets anymore, I want a cure.   He told me to cut tomato’s, cucumber and oily fish from my diet.   Bingo, not had a murmur since, right as rain.    The seeds in tomatoes and cucumber play havoc on folks stomachs, they get in the lining and fizzle away.   Try it, it worked for me, I suffered acid reflux etc, not no more.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I used to be on Omeprazole or Tagamet etc for donkeys years.  Went to see my Doctor and told him I didn’t want tablets anymore, I want a cure.   He told me to cut tomato’s, cucumber and oily fish from my diet.   Bingo, not had a murmur since, right as rain.    The seeds in tomatoes and cucumber play havoc on folks stomachs, they get in the lining and fizzle away.   Try it, it worked for me, I suffered acid reflux etc, not no more.

Just the seeds that get you then?

Use passata then. Best of both worlds.