Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

CHORLEY FC v BOLTON WANDERERS

Stone roses

12 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Do you know, as much as the knobs are knobs at times, I love it 

I know I was a pain in the arse back in the day. Some might say I still am. I love our support having an edge, other teams envy us big time when we tip up at their gaffs.

I bet you don't have that opinion when its other teams against you, or come to your place and have an “edge”…..

2 hours ago, Zico said:

KB, my aunty who's not my aunty's grandson, played at Fleetwood also

Cracking lad, unreal keeper. No doubt in my mind he will play for Chorley at a very minimum.

Dads alreet too I suppose🤣

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Cracking lad, unreal keeper. No doubt in my mind he will play for Chorley at a very minimum.

I think KB could be an outfield player if he put his mind to it, he’s got great feet and as you know I played him up top for 10 minutes in a friendly and he clipped one over the keeper from the half way line…. Mad thing was he was actually head up saw keeper off line and stroked a beauty over keepers head.  Not sure about his dad though. 🤣

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I think KB could be an outfield player if he put his mind to it, he’s got great feet and as you know I played him up top for 10 minutes in a friendly and he clipped one over the keeper from the half way line…. Mad thing was he was actually head up saw keeper off line and stroked a beauty over keepers head.  

Yea, an allround good footballer mate, futsal was great for him too in his younger days. Lad loves to play, always got a smile on his face.

14 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I bet you don't have that opinion when its other teams against you, or come to your place and have an “edge”…..

I’d prefer playing against edgy team of opposing fans all day long, Port vale or Forest green being a good example, give me vale all day long. 

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Yea, an allround good footballer mate, futsal was great for him too in his younger days. Lad loves to play, always got a smile on his face.

Must say he’s a top lad, kids get bad press these days, can’t think of bad lad I managed in my time coaching…. Had more issues with parents than kids. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Must say he’s a top lad, kids get bad press these days, can’t think of bad lad I managed in my time coaching…. Had more issues with parents than kids. 

very often the case these days across grass roots mate, its why i quit after doing it for just over 12 months.

Edited by Pablo

14 minutes ago, Pablo said:

very often the case these days across grass roots mate, its why i quit after doing it for just over 12 months.

Always the way! Felt sorry for the kid.

As a side, I'm not sure on licensing laws, but you'd think a club of this size would open a bottle/can bar for such events. Dunno if it's a tax issue, but could probably have sold 100 cases of ale yesterday and made 200% profit easily.

48 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Unfortunately this is the case parents know best, some behaviour is absolutely disgusting 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pablo said:

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think KB could be an outfield player if he put his mind to it, he’s got great feet and as you know I played him up top for 10 minutes in a friendly and he clipped one over the keeper from the half way line…. Mad thing was he was actually head up saw keeper off line and stroked a beauty over keepers head.  Not sure about his dad though. 🤣

must run in the family, he's got a cousin over in the states, she's a keeper too, to a level that's got her a scholorship into college or something, however it works over there

35 minutes ago, Zico said:

must run in the family, he's got a cousin over in the states, she's a keeper too, to a level that's got her a scholorship into college or something, however it works over there

Charnock firsts play Chorley next week hope he gets a game, defo be there looking forward to it already. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

From former Wanderersways poster, Billy Bear on Facebook. (I think he’s shared it on behalf of someone else)

63932965-7928-48E4-8C7C-DF9C63A8ECFB.jpeg

Ive just seen who the youngsters dad is

Probably as well it gets returned quick sharp

If somebody has lifted it, what a vile human being

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Pablo said:

I love it, can’t beat a game with real atmosphere. Sheffield Wednesday last season a prime example. Cracking day

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

Their keeper didn't know what to make of the "she's got chlamydia" chant from behind the goal. 

Nor did I to be honest. I’m not a prude but fucking hell, I felt for her.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Nor did I to be honest. I’m not a prude but fucking hell, I felt for her.

Yup, same, funny but at the same time, too far.. not great for getting more women in the game. 

• Moderators

I just didnt get it at all

Not the best chat up line is it?

If it was some gobby fat sheff weds fan, i could perhaps see the point

The girls not bothering anybody and just doing her work

Fucking hell

WTF happened at Bolton train station after the match ??

There seemed to be an "argument" on the platform which spilled over onto Trinity St with about 20 odd youths getting involved in a brawl with the 4 plastic rail cops struggling to break up