Brand Evatt

desperado

2 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Dion Charles 320k

CMG 300k

Vic 500k

Dan 200k?

Collins 750k

Over 2M on forwards alone right there. And we're starting Jerome (out of necessity, i know). Can't say he's not been backed. 

Add Forrester reportedly 300k he’s had it good Evatt compared to other clubs in the top 6

28 minutes ago, Stig said:

There's definitely a re-sale problem with a lot of the strikers quoted above. Only Charles I think where we'd get a profit, and even then not massive at his age. 

Just need to get promoted and get more investment in, we've got noone to sell to become sustainable.

We've got plenty of assets, arguably the most saleable are the ones we got on frees.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Wilson, Baccus, and Taylor would have got us Promoted

JDC got in the team of the year 

Don't know enough about Baccus to know if he's better than Sheehan, Thommason or Magohma or which one he'd replace 

Taylor, maybe, he's on 9 in 17 compared to Collins 7 in 17

The squad is plenty good enough

3 hours ago, captainmed said:

He may be but at least he knows how to get there. 

He’s on a 5 year contract isn’t he and why would the owner sack him if he’s achieved their aim? Derby isn’t Rotherham, they’re not going to sell their best players under him like Rotherham always did and then not replace them. I believe their embargo also ends so they’re free to do what they like and a big part of that will be ensuring they stay up. I don’t see Warne being sacked at all and expect him to really surprise people.

8 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Add Forrester reportedly 300k he’s had it good Evatt compared to other clubs in the top 6

One of those players above have been fit for the past 2 months. 

Said it a million times. Nobody is winning promotion with only 3 fit forwards that include a 39 year old cwt horse and bod who can't score.

23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Said it a million times. Nobody is winning promotion with only 3 fit forwards that include a 39 year old cwt horse and bod who can't score.

To be fair to Bod in two critical games at Pompey and Derby away he was only denied game changing goals by incredible point blank saves the one at Derby leading to Dions miss and at Derby arguably Wildsmiths save of the season.

39 minutes ago, gonzo said:

So then like I said plenty of times recruitment is questionable going back 2/3 windows 

Just now, radcliffe white said:

So then like I said plenty of times recruitment is questionable going back 2/3 windows 

Having 5 out of 8 forwards injured for the most part of the season isn't down to recruitment mate.

Dion and Vic had us flying, as much as Vic has his detractors, I'm one of em! 

But losing them, then Dions form and injury left us with a new signing in Collins and Bod who can't score and a 97 year old.

I know other teams have had injuries but I doubt many lost their main two strikers and had 5 out of 8 forwards injured.

You just can't account for that.

Your bringing Jerome on at Derby to Derby to win the game instead of CMG, Vic or Dion/Bod.

Just isn't good enough.

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Having 5 out of 8 forwards injured for the most part of the season isn't down to recruitment mate.

But losing them, then Dions form and injury left us with a new signing in Collins and Bod who can't score and a 97 year old.

I know other teams have had injuries but I doubt many lost their main two strikers and had 5 out of 8 forwards injured.

Your bringing Jerome on at Derby to Derby to win the game instead of CMG, Vic or Dion/Bod.

Just isn't good enough.

You take Bod his career injuries surely should’ve been a red flag I get the risk & reward but this hasn’t paid off for me, Jerome I get the idea behind but go for a younger journeyman

CMG obviously not seen enough to judge but he isn’t an out & out striker

10 hours ago, only1swanny said:

FWIW think it's great that we have a manager that so many clubs get wound up about.

I actually think this is one of the things about him that damages us the most, his comments around games and regarding his own opinion of our ability only serves to get other teams more up for games against us. 

He winds people and opposition up to the point of them having additional motivation, and doesn't seem to be able to give his own players that for the big games.

It's a worrying trait. 

12 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Run their course!! FFS! Turned club round completely, record ST sales, upgrading hotel, put in fanzone, got the town on side brought in Swiss investors, invested in good players, got us promoted, could be promoted again this season… who you think gonna come in and do better… you’re away with the fairies. 

Evatt has been a big part of turning this club around but i like others think rightly or wrongly he has run his course.

Season ticket sales are great but you as well as i know 15k people have not bought one season ticket each.

The fanzone was inside, now it is outside in the rain and cold. If there was a couple of pubs on the complex it would be deserted.

The Swiss investors are a strange one. I dont buy that a bunch of families all of a sudden want to parade around Zurich with Bolton tops on. FV have diluted there holdings in the club why??? Simple they dont want to invest more than what they bought the club for. Again they are clever business people so i cannot fault them but obviously they are not prepared to through money around.

The Government, Swiss and the Bond scheme have invested in players and infrastructure as laid out.

See you just come out with statements like i am away with the faries............I countered everything you say.

It is a forum.....I may be wrong maybe right but at least let people air their views

14 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Dion Charles 320k

CMG 300k

Vic 500k

Dan 200k?

Collins 750k

Over 2M on forwards alone right there. And we're starting Jerome (out of necessity, i know). Can't say he's not been backed. 

How many games have these played in the second half of the season?

Collins accounts for over a third of that money and he's proving to be a good acquisition.

4 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Evatt has been a big part of turning this club around but i like others think rightly or wrongly he has run his course.

Season ticket sales are great but you as well as i know 15k people have not bought one season ticket each.

The fanzone was inside, now it is outside in the rain and cold. If there was a couple of pubs on the complex it would be deserted.

The Swiss investors are a strange one. I dont buy that a bunch of families all of a sudden want to parade around Zurich with Bolton tops on. FV have diluted there holdings in the club why??? Simple they dont want to invest more than what they bought the club for. Again they are clever business people so i cannot fault them but obviously they are not prepared to through money around.

The Government, Swiss and the Bond scheme have invested in players and infrastructure as laid out.

See you just come out with statements like i am away with the faries............I countered everything you say.

It is a forum.....I may be wrong maybe right but at least let people air their views

What's your solution then Mr Sunshine and Giggles?

Get the tennis balls out?

15 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Wilson, Baccus, and Taylor would have got us Promoted

Wilson's goal against us shouldn't have stood
Baccus has 1 goal and 1 assist from 26 games in a pub league
Taylor has fared no better than Collins

Who else should we have signed?

Fv own and run the club until THEY sell up and move. Not done anything wrong up until now, i am just stating that they may have run as far as they can with the club. Great if they stay on but dont come on here pre-season and next season whining they are no longer investing in the club.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just isn't good enough.

It proves that the recruitment has been appalling; BOD, Jerome, Dan, Vic shouldn’t have been here this season. Similarly Wilson for Derby has been brilliant against a reasonable but no where near Cogley. 

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Wilson's goal against us shouldn't have stood
Baccus has 1 goal and 1 assist from 26 games in a pub league
Taylor has fared no better than Collins

Who else should we have signed?

Leonard at Northampton if possible,Collins from Exeter  two that stand out, Connell....I dont think our signings have been bad, just think we missed a few key signings to get us across the line

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

It proves that the recruitment has been appalling; BOD, Jerome, Dan, Vic shouldn’t have been here this season. Similarly Wilson for Derby has been brilliant against a reasonable but no where near Cogley. 

just because you don't see what he offers, doesn't make him a bad player

we were as good as anybody in the league with him playing

youd have been wetting your crusty knickers if we had signed a crocked wilson