Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth (A)

Cheese

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Evatt is a flat track bully

Pressure isn’t his thing. Crumbles every time, then gets lucky with a few easy games.

Said from day one that he was a fraud and now he’s being found out.

Reaching the final of a pub competition is glossing over what is becoming an embarrassing fall from the top 6.

Hes one more defeat away from that mouth of his spouting angry nonsense, mark my words 

Morecambe will be licking their lips and that ground will be a pressure cooker on Saturday.

Told you all from day one, but only a handful of you took me seriously.

If he goes now, we may save the season.

You’re not clever enough…..

7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Taking the Freight Rover Trophy so seriously is barmy. Put the Youth team out in it next season if it is going to cost league points

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree, should of binned it off early doors.

We've not lost a game following a papa johns game

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

He isnt stopping 3 goals from 3 set pieces.

Wank marking is what lost it tonight, nothing else.

Untill their equaliser we were on for a 2-0 win.

He might have helped- either defending or keeping it at the other end for longer. That's hindsight and not provable though.

Whatever the case, can't say I'm overly surprised. I talked about how the cup semi and how it might affect us before. Got to shake it off.

Heading back from the game now, shame after such a positive feeling going 1 0 up.

I'm not having this "their tired" or "the semi final took it out of them" bollocks, they're professionals, we played 70 minutes against accy with an extra man. 

We've been off for the past few games, today I guess we got what deserved as we were lucky against Port Vale.

Big few games ahead now 

We were unlucky tonight. We were lucky to win against port vale granted but please don’t panic. The defensive line was higher than Simon cowells keks when the ball was going into the wind which was naive and foolish. 

play offs at an ease. 
morecambe tough game but stay level headed. 

thanks 

m

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree, should of binned it off early doors.

Can't play an overly weakened team.

Can't expect and (should never do so) professional footballers not to try to win a game, so can't blame them for trying and succeeding.  Pleased that they have been successful. 

More a case of injuries limiting the options to rest the odd fatigued player or two.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Heading back from the game now, shame after such a positive feeling going 1 0 up.

I'm not having this "their tired" or "the semi final took it out of them" bollocks, they're professionals, we played 70 minutes against accy with an extra man. 

We've been off for the past few games, today I guess we got what deserved as we were lucky against Port Vale.

Big few games ahead now 

Plymouth and Cheltenham also got twatted on Saturday. They're professional but also human.

Concern for me is the bodies we brought in during Jan were supposed to add the sort of depth and quality that would allow us to rest one or two of the core squad that had got us to there. So far, their cumulative impact has been very limited, adding that to the injuries to Johnston, Thomason, Iredale and we're looking a bit fragile. 

No doubt valid reasons why the lad was happy to go and club to let him go, but Aimson's departure is looking a regrettable one. Was contributing 100% every game at the time, could have stepped back in for Johnston, or even to give Toal a break (young lad's played a lot of games in a rush). 

• Moderators

How do we improve for next year?

Our midfield are short of goals.

A keeper should have been the priority 3 years ago.

Full backs (When the scouse lad goes back)

Never fancied us to go up this year. Next year we will give it a proper go.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That doesn’t matter it’s extra games that we don’t need especially last Wednesday, if we hadn’t played last Wednesday we’d of been fresher and not needed to have rotated the squad as much.

We need togo out of every cup at the earliest opportunity next season.

Pizza cup money is handy mind.

10 minutes ago, Big E said:

I genuinely don’t feel any of our new attacking options improve us when they come on and don’t feel like they will score. Hopefully it’s a bedding in period 

The lads who’ve come in have had little luck with injuries and because of injuries to forwards have had to be chucked in the deep end, think your right about bedding in, give them more time, for comparison look at how Dempsey has improved now he’s bedded in. 

This time last week they were about to become heroes, tonight was very poor. 

I agree that the guys bought in in Jan have not had the impact we would have hoped. 

I think Lee is a great player but would have subbed before the booking or certainly straight after it just was not happening. Morecambe will come flying out Saturday we need more quality and composure than tonight. 

If Dempsey scores I think we win it, but in the end we simply got over run.