Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington (A)

Biggish Dave

32 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If there are a few of you, just get a taxi/minibus from Bolton to Accrington. 

With 4 in a cab, you'd get a return for £20 each which is probably not much more than train then taxi up to the ground

We are planning on something similar but damn site dearer than the train - which is £6.30 open return

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

If there are a few of you, just get a taxi/minibus from Bolton to Accrington. 

With 4 in a cab, you'd get a return for £20 each which is probably not much more than train then taxi up to the ground

We did breakfast at Railway in Bromley Cross then mini-bus to previously mentioned cricket club. About 7 or 8 pounds each

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Probably, but most of them are moaning that we only charged them £10 last season (was it family fun day??) so they should reciprocate!! 

We can’t demand reciprocation. It’d be nice but if you ignore season ticket holders what is our walk-up ticket sale numbers? We all know three or four clubs in our league are a massive bonus for smaller clubs, I’m not getting the demand they reduce admission and not bother cashing in on having well followed clubs visit.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

We can’t demand reciprocation. It’d be nice but if you ignore season ticket holders what is our walk-up ticket sale numbers? We all know three or four clubs in our league are a massive bonus for smaller clubs, I’m not getting the demand they reduce admission and not bother cashing in on having well followed clubs visit.

Agree - there is no way Accrington with a fan base of 1500? arent going to milk an away following of 2.5k, similar to what we do with the likes of Sheff wed derby etc - anyone who will fill the away end will be top category with prices increased accordingly

I think our lot on twitter think that because we charged them a tenner last season - they should do the same - pretty sure if Accrington were going to fill the away end last season that wouldnt have been a £10 match

Anyway I have got my tickets so fcuk the moaners