Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Twitter

Spider

• Moderators
On 02/11/2022 at 11:16, Spider said:

People are saying he’s thick for paying £44billion, I’m not so sure. Could be the bargain of all time in a decade or so.

It's only an opinion like 

And it's still early days 

But

You know 

#elmander

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

It's only an opinion like 

And it's still early days 

But

You know 

#elmander

You can’t prove I was wrong about Elmander

And the irony of that post is that it was posted on…………

……….twitter

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Can someone summarise briefly what musk has done?

I know hes bought twitter, but why has its value crashed so massively?

Bought it

Trying to make it pay for itself

getting rid of the leftie/democratic/liberal lies

It’ll work, or it won’t, but he is clearly committed, but, I expect, smart enough not to have bet the house on it.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can someone summarise briefly what musk has done?

I know hes bought twitter, but why has its value crashed so massively?

Advertisers (which is Twitters main source of income) are pulling out because he's fundamentally changing the way it works. He made it so any cunt can just pay 8 quid for a "verified account" and call it whatever they want - so loads of people paid for verification and pretended to be big brands (like Coca Cola and Nintendo etc.), and posted offensive stuff. They all got banned pretty quickly of course, but the big boys don't like taking that kind of risk.

Here's an example - Mario giving the middle finger from what at first glance appears to be a genuine Nintendo account, because of the verified tick:

FhKCSyOXwAEMPX_?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, globaldiver said:

Bought it

It’ll work, or it won’t, but he is clearly committed, but, I expect, smart enough not to have bet the house on it.

Also the day after he took over the use of the N word went up by over 500%, at which point because of the algorithms that Twitter use to target people for advertisers, this caused issue with said advertisers so there pulled their money. As an example I saw, someone had call someone chicken loving N word, advertising then shows up for chicken sandwiches and the like, which looks to anyone that these companies are condoning the use of said word, not really what companies want.

55 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Bought it

I suppose he might be now he owns it but he did renege on the deal he previously agreed in April - resulting in Twitter taking him to court in order to force the sale - before agreeeing to go through with it at the agreed pruce after all.

• Moderators
On 11/11/2022 at 21:37, Cheese said:

Advertisers (which is Twitters main source of income) are pulling out because he's fundamentally changing the way it works. He made it so any cunt can just pay 8 quid for a "verified account" and call it whatever they want - so loads of people paid for verification and pretended to be big brands (like Coca Cola and Nintendo etc.), and posted offensive stuff. They all got banned pretty quickly of course, but the big boys don't like taking that kind of risk.

Here's an example - Mario giving the middle finger from what at first glance appears to be a genuine Nintendo account, because of the verified tick:

FhKCSyOXwAEMPX_?format=jpg&name=large

Basically Twitter is now full of blue tick accounts who are mucking about 

GQssWTj.png

• Site Supporter

I don’t get what people are so fucked off about.

He’s paid £44billion for it, if he wants to update the software so that every tweet is in swastikas and wingdings, then he can.

Its just an app. Popular, but an app.

Every cunt complaining is still using Twitter to complain, the thick wankers.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, royal white said:

He’s been very entertaining the last few days. A lot of staff have spat their dummies out after he removed their free meals. 

Does he mean dinner diner or tea dinner?

17 hours ago, royal white said:

He’s been very entertaining the last few days. A lot of staff have spat their dummies out after he removed their free meals. 

Thing is a lot.of these companies people.join because of the extras, not the wage.

Place I was at was free breakfast, subsided food and free bar night on a Thursday. Plus stuff like big gym reductions, flu jabs, on site hairdressing, HIT classes etc It's all to keep you in the building and working.

That's nothing compared to Google opposite, free food all the time, work after 7 free takeout, free snacks and drink and insite gym (new place has a pool and running track)

It's these benefits that keep a lot of the younger staff on cheaper wages, working stupid hours, living in a rat box in the city and choosing one company over another.

It's not just the free grub.

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Thing is a lot.of these companies people.join because of the extras, not the wage.

Place I was at was free breakfast, subsided food and free bar night on a Thursday. Plus stuff like big gym reductions, flu jabs, on site hairdressing, HIT classes etc It's all to keep you in the building and working.

That's nothing compared to Google opposite, free food all the time, work after 7 free takeout, free snacks and drink and insite gym (new place has a pool and running track)

It's these benefits that keep a lot of the younger staff on cheaper wages, working stupid hours, living in a rat box in the city and choosing one company over another.

Sounds like @jules_darby place.

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

All sounds well and good if you’re not losing millions a day 

39 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'd still think fuck that and go home on the dot of 5pm.