Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

Charlatans stuck in another solid performance on Saturday night at the Apollo. Had technical difficulties after opening song and went off. But came back on within 5-10 mins and then over ran the curfew by 20 mins.

Having put the best of my mosh pit days behind me opted for circle tickets upstairs and landed row C. Great view.

Perfect access to the very quiet and seemingly still “secret” O2 lounge at the back. Easy to pop in for a beer and back to seats in minutes. Plus added bonus of 2 for 1 with the O2 app on my phone.

Great venue!!!

Edited by Smiley

Have listened to Either Way and Heavyweight Champion of the World in past hour!!!

Any presale?

Rev did a gig in the back garden of a house in Bolton in the summer. One of my mates went.

Story went something like, fan messaged him and asked if he'd play in back garden. Rev replied yes if 20 of your mates buy the new album. They did and he carried it through.

Rev did a gig in the back garden of a house in Bolton in the summer. One of my mates went.

Story went something like, fan messaged him and asked if he'd play in back garden. Rev replied yes if 20 of your mates buy the new album. They did and he carried it through.

That's quality

i bumped into Rev at the front of the stone roses gig at heaton park, he was off his tree

That's quality

Apparently he was chatting and telling stories between each song. All about living with Alex from AM and stuff. Did quite a few cover versions as well. Meant to be a top bloke.

Always thought he looked too tall to be a front man - bit awkward to look!

Played in my mates front room in westhoughton about 4 years back for a similar kind of thing. Very enjoyable and he had a good chat and beer with us all after, top bloke

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

How where they? I’m in for Academy & Castlefield next summer.

It was really good, my only gripe is that it's mainly greatest hits rather than the odd track from the back catalogue "for the fans".

The Cribs at the Brudenell last night, slightly better venue than Leeds Arena.

Not much else booked now apart from At the Drive-In, Sheds at Castlefield and The Cure at Hyde Park all dayer.

It was really good, my only gripe is that it's mainly greatest hits rather than the odd track from the back catalogue "for the fans".

Give James their due, they played a couple of old songs I've never heard before rather than far more popular songs at Albert Halls last night.

That was the worst live music I have ever heard. Painful.

Didn’t meet a single soul who thought otherwise. And what the hell was all that with his mum on stage? Cringeworthy.

Shed Seven in top form with plenty of banter between songs last night. And what I did see of Cast, thought they were pretty exceptional. Sounded very powerful.