Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Only as good as your last game(s), I know, but his admittedly impressive record last season is hardly indicative of his career. 

Correct. Never done much apart from last season really to suggest he’s the one to pin our hopes on but just maybe league two is his level. I’m happy to be proven wrong 

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just checked his stats on Wiki, looks average and 32 years of age, never ripped up any trees in the irish and Scottish leagues. I'm hoping the rumours are shit and he stays with Swindon.

25 in 32 games last season suggest he’ll be very good signing at this level. 

Would be buzzing with Doyle. He played alongside Evatt at Chesterfield, so happen that might work in our favour. 

Jason Lowe I really don’t get. Appreciate his loyalty, and his versatility could work in our favour, but he really is nothing special for me, and has been punching above his ability for the majority of his career.

I’ve never understood how he has forged a career playing in the top two divisions for most of his career. Always been a League One player at best. 

17 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Would be buzzing with Doyle. He played alongside Evatt at Chesterfield, so happen that might work in our favour. 

Jason Lowe I really don’t get. Appreciate his loyalty, and his versatility could work in our favour, but he really is nothing special for me, and has been punching above his ability for the majority of his career.

I’ve never understood how he has forged a career playing in the top two divisions for most of his career. Always been a League One player at best. 

As were in league 2 might be good idea to keep him on board. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I'm feeling very positive about it, already said I didn't see how FV could appoint anyone else really and because we're still on the wedding night I wouldn't normally want to temper that in any way but...

...look at the comments about Crawford's signing and we're a couple more decent additions away from being in the same situation PP ended up in in the L1 promotion season where in the view of some on here "he should piss the league with that squad" and so he was in a lose/lose situation for those lot

...Barrow have got promoted for being 4 points above Harrogate, in a normal season they would have still had to play Harrogate at Harrogate and they got dicked 3-0 at home at the start of the season so they haven't romped away with it due to them being by far and away the best team in the league

Evatt's got the chance to build something long term here with his own players and own style but it might not be an instant hit and we shouldn't expect it to be, ideal situation for me is him still here in 5 years with a core of players who buy in to what he is trying to do and with us getting results more weeks than not.

Get that and agree, as long as we are in upper tiers of the Championship...

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I think their will be a few left field signings, players we've never heard of, most likely youngsters. 

There’s very few players I’ve heard of who’ll be playing L2 next season and even less I know anything about. This Eoin Doyle fella, I’ve heard of him but don’t know a thing about how he plays and he is possibly the highest profile L2 player out there.

As long as we don’t replace Bunney with Moxey.....

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Amazed people are unhappy we are about to snag Doyle. Supposedly the management believe Doyle is tailored to Evatts style. Great news imo. 

Also spearing going to Sunderland is good news.

Good to see Sunderland still aren’t learning. He’s probably blagged them to double his Blackpool wage. His agent will be laughing all the way to the bank. 

I wouldn’t be unhappy with us signing Doyle, especially with how well he did last season and a few years ago alongside Evatt at Chesterfield, but it does strike me as a little odd that Swindon don’t seem to be looking to take him up to League One with them. I have seen him on a couple of dozen of occasions over the years and he always looked a bit ungainly on the ball. Fingers crossed he’s been a bit of a late bloomer though and that League Two is his level.  

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Good to see Sunderland still aren’t learning. He’s probably blagged them to double his Blackpool wage. His agent will be laughing all the way to the bank. 

I wouldn’t be unhappy with us signing Doyle, especially with how well he did last season and a few years ago alongside Evatt at Chesterfield, but it does strike me as a little odd that Swindon don’t seem to be looking to take him up to League One with them. I have seen him on a couple of dozen of occasions over the years and he always looked a bit ungainly on the ball. Fingers crossed he’s been a bit of a late bloomer though and that League Two is his level.  

Swindon are trying for him. Fancies us more.

Spot on re spearing 

Edited by tomski

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I'm sure I read that they've offered him a contract.