Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

For me its either 4 Decent signings with next season in mind, or if they are not available it may be to go down the loan road.

I would settle for a decent keeper. Donahue lwb Kieron Lee and  Ched Evans

They will all have to take a wage cut but they are just what we need

Send Crellin,White back  and try and get rid of Mascoll, Taft though i dont think he has done much wrong Greenidge and Hickman

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Remember what? 

That it’s going to be a tough window to sign players as there’s less money floating about

And more players unwanted and without a club then before 

The less clubs that are likely to speculate to accumulate, means less likely to have movement all-round

When some of our lot are screaming at their computer screens cos we haven’t signed Ronaldo on loan...I hope they remember that 

20 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That it’s going to be a tough window to sign players as there’s less money floating about

And more players unwanted and without a club then before 

The less clubs that are likely to speculate to accumulate, means less likely to have movement all-round

When some of our lot are screaming at their computer screens cos we haven’t signed Ronaldo on loan...I hope they remember that 

I was only joking pal 

Although I’m hopeful that we can finally secure the services of Pepe this window, that ones been so close to getting over the line for a few years now 

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

What type of players are we looking for in January ?

Wears pink or yellow boots

Stockings (thigh length)

Top Knot - hair style

Gloves

If we keep away from all the above, we may find some decent players

Correct. We need some shithousery types. People not afraid to take a booking for the team.

Anyone who wears mittens to play football isn’t working hard enough

• Members
3 hours ago, jules_darby said:

And also the same of most of not all clubs 

This year with reduced revenues more than ever

It’s a tricky one for sure; hope folk remember that

I can see it being a problem mostly because the players we have to unload aren't very desirable not because of money tbh fella.

Just now, burnden said:

I can see it being a problem mostly because the players we have to unload aren't very desirable not because of money tbh fella.

Yeah it’s both

Less money means teams are tighter with who they bring in - want more assured ROI than being able to add a few squad players just in case etc

Be harder to get rid of our shit, but a lot are in the same boat

The whole thing is a chain

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The colonel mentioned him, and totally agreed. It's a must.

Our midfield is 'POWDER PUFF'

Tutte is the best we have and he is pretty average, that in itself shows we need 2 Abdulaye Faye/Nolan types, League 1/2 standard of course.

Enforcer role is a priority some who can play but also can put the foot in break play up, he got stick but pratley did a good job 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Enforcer role is a priority some who can play but also can put the foot in break play up, he got stick but pratley did a good job 

Nobody is going to disagree it would be great to have a Karl Henry/Faye type, but that's the danger at this level but if you try to get that type of player you end up with a Comley - looks the part in theory, but just poor at everything and a yellow card waiting to happen.  If the Sheff Wed man signs and we have at least one of Tutte or him on the pitch every game, that will tick the box of improving centre mid with a leader.  I'm as concerned about the complete lack of width/crossing ability in the current squad that's making us impotent going forward.  

If we do not a sign a 30 year old (minimum) rough and tough balding midfielder I will be fucked off. 

Just an old experienced head. Remember when Henry signed his ability to manage and slow down the game when things were not going well made a massive difference. 

5 hours ago, burnden said:

Is this the final window where we are under embargo still ?  Fresh start and able to buy players in Summer window?

It was a two year registration embargo. I can only assume tgat was to run from the day we left administration,which was 28th August 2019.

I've lost track of exactly when the transfer windows begin and end, but I think we'll be able to pay transfer fees towards the very end of the next transfer window.

Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It was a two year registration embargo. I can only assume tgat was to run from the day we left administration,which was 28th August 2019.

I've lost track of exactly when the transfer windows begin and end, but I think we'll be able to pay transfer fees towards the very end of the next transfer window.

Although I think it can be reduced/extended depending on which whether outstanding bills have/haven't been paid.