Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

I have a masters degree in Business analytics...with 6 years experience in business. Don't talk down to me. Who are you? 

glad to see you developed some humility with those hard earned life skills post MSc

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. What would we have done last winter without that £6 million for Madine? we've been living on borrowed time while Anderson holds on to try and get the most he can for the club. I don't blame him for wanting to get a decent return but people lauding him like the second coming is stupidity. 

No-one has lauded him as the second coming. You're new on here but you'll be searching a long time before you find anything like that.

What you've said though sort of backs up what a lot on here have been saying - if he hadn't sold off the assets we'd no longer exist.

We've been on borrowed time since long before Anderson came along.

Unfortunately, he hasn't really made any progress, just kept us afloat. 

No-one seems to ever suggest how it could be any other way without a miraculous ascent to the prmier league.

What would you have done differently from day one?

Edited by Spider

No but then again it wasn't my choice, he made the decision.

when he first came here he stated that one of his objectives was to increase non football related income, he has failed in that endeavor.

He said hes looking for a buyer last summer, then changed his mind after mean words online and then stated that he wasnt looking in the first place.

This year his objective was to keep us up in this league, he has failed. He said months ago that results need to improve and has done nothing about it.

We've spent 300k on players in 3 years, the club is falling apart and people want to defend the person whos overseen it.

Regardless of mitigating circumstances he's responsible.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

when he first came here he stated that one of his objectives was to increase non football related income, he has failed in that endeavor.

He said hes looking for a buyer last summer, then changed his mind after mean words online and then stated that he wasnt looking in the first place.

This year his objective was to keep us up in this league, he has failed. He said months ago that results need to improve and has done nothing about it.

We've spent 300k on players in 3 years, the club is falling apart and people want to defend the person whos overseen it.

I think you're confusing him with Phil Parkinson

30 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. 

You are spot on.And the players Ken will be leaving us with are such cheap, low quality crap that they ship 5 in at Wigan

7 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Again I ask, who has defended him and his actions?

You seem to just be throwing quotes out to try and distract from the ridiculous comments you have been making.

23 minutes ago, Wardrobe said:

Who has lauded him??????? I only see people pointing out it was Ken or bust.

Maybe I need 6 years in 'Business' as opposed to the 20+ years I have working in Finance

There are a lot of people with very strong views on what KA has done without knowing any real detail. 

And a similar number with no insight into what is happening with deal that are shouting opinions as facts. 

All really tedious just hope sorted for Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

How many times do you need to be told that no one & I mean NO ONE on here is a Ken fan .

The ones that post regarding mitigating circumstances do so in the knowledge that nobody until now ( hopefully) wants to put a penny into our club

KA has been the only game in town for the last three years & if we happened to be midtable instead of bottom there would be much less shite flying his way regardless of his brinkmanship & financial shenenigans.

1 minute ago, Take Hunt Off said:

How many times do you need to be told that no one & I mean NO ONE on here is a Ken fan .

The ones that post regarding mitigating circumstances do so in the knowledge that nobody until now ( hopefully) wants to put a penny into our club

KA has been the only game in town for the last three years & if we happened to be midtable instead of bottom there would be much less shite flying his way regardless of his brinkmanship & financial shenenigans.

"if we happened to be midtable instead of bottom there would be much less shite flying his way regardless of his brinkmanship & financial shenenigans." but we're not and ken appears to have done nothing in order to try and rectify that situation.

Just now, leadfrog1 said:

"if we happened to be midtable instead of bottom there would be much less shite flying his way regardless of his brinkmanship & financial shenenigans." but we're not and ken appears to have done nothing in order to try and rectify that situation.

HE HASN'T ANY MONEY YOU MUPPET

38 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. What would we have done last winter without that £6 million for Madine? we've been living on borrowed time while Anderson holds on to try and get the most he can for the club. I don't blame him for wanting to get a decent return but people lauding him like the second coming is stupidity. 

The club entered into an agreement to initially sell off (later develop) the car park under Davies ownership and received the money up front in order to continue to trade.

There was a clause in the contract to settle the advance which subsequently fell due now under Anderson ownership but he did not have the funds to do so - hence why the depreciation of Capital Assets fell in that years accounts and not the previous one.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2016/january/club-statement3/

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14243034.Late_twist_as_Wanderers_complete_car_park_development_deal/

I would have thought a Masters in Business Analytics and six years experience in business would have by now taught you to confirm your facts before making inaccurate financial statements?

Edited by Sluffy
grammar errors

Nixon is painting a very bleak picture on Twitter. Suggesting that no deal is done and KA is holding on for a significant payoff. No appetite from ‘buyers’ to pay the price. Total stalemate and time running out.

Looks like a very bumpy ride ahead.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, white noise said:

Nixon is painting a very bleak picture on Twitter. Suggesting that no deal is done and KA is holding on for a significant payoff. No appetite from ‘buyers’ to pay the price. Total stalemate and time running out.

Looks like a very bumpy ride ahead.

Shouldn't matter, if Howard's assessment of the situation is correct.

As detestable as I find him, surely he would go down the route that yields his best chance of some money, even if it's not the amount he'd truly want.

8 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Again, I ask, with your extensive experience in business & associated analytics, how would you fund a company losing circa £600k per month over a 3 year period ?

Just now, leadfrog1 said:

Guys Anderson DOESNT GIVE A SHIT he gets his money anyway regardless of what happens to us. This is why hes holding out for the most he can get, because it doesnt matter to him either way.

If you bothered to read Howards narrative he can only achieve that by selling to the 'dark horse' purchaser.

Seems to me you aren't really here for rational debate.