Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

That Norwich City fan who posted a while ago made a great point. He said they targeted younger supporters with  cheap season tickets when they were struggling with dwindling attendances. Basically got young fans in for nothing so that they buy into the club for life. It also goes without saying if we did this we would need a more attractive product than at present to keep them here.

Looks like that strategy has worked well for them. I know they hav'nt got the competion for fans that this area has, but if think woukd be merit in this plan for us.

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think you need to let that go. In grand scheme of things it’s the least of the problems

Maybe. But if you want fans onside and to expect them to buy season tickets up front, you can’t treat them like shit

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Maybe. But if you want fans onside and to expect them to buy season tickets up front, you can’t treat them like shit

Correct, and you shouldn't treat them like cash cows and keep promising to sign players to encourage them to come back and then cynically break the promise.

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I 100% agree with you on this but if you think KA is giving you that money back then I want some of what you're on😂

We need to think differently as a club to stand out in this region and hopefully if we get new owners they can try something different 

To be fair to the yoof. They’re probably a very large percentage of our ‘go weeklys’ At the minute inspite of the shit being served up

my lads 15 and him and his group (about a dozen of em) have hardly missed a game since Xmas. And there a number of similar groups who do the same 

Whereas the groups of 12 fellas who used to go together have now dwindled to ones and twos all over the show

its not about attracting the 7-10 Yr olds. It’s abour attracting the fuckers who have to take them 

Edited by barrycowdrill

1 hour ago, anthonyj said:

That Norwich City fan who posted a while ago made a great point. He said they targeted younger supporters with  cheap season tickets when they were struggling with dwindling attendances. Basically got young fans in for nothing so that they buy into the club for life. It also goes without saying if we did this we would need a more attractive product than at present to keep them here.

Looks like that strategy has worked well for them. I know they hav'nt got the competion for fans that this area has, but if think woukd be merit in this plan for us.

So give tickets away and make sure you're winning most weeks and playing good football...aye...not like everyone else will be trying that....

Clubs like ours to survive need fans coming out whatever the club is going through...ultimately that's the bottom line. We've enjoyed the ups and now we need to support the club through the downs...that's football isn't it?

1 hour ago, tomski said:

I 100% agree with you on this but if you think KA is giving you that money back then I want some of what you're on😂

We need to think differently as a club to stand out in this region and hopefully if we get new owners they can try something different 

It ain’t coming from Ken. But it has to come from the new owners

14 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’d be happy to waive it if someone comes and saves us but hey ho

Aye, me too.

But equally, whoever takes over can’t just pretend that arguably the club’s most valuable customers have been shafted. 

Just now, mickbrown said:

Aye, me too.

But equally, whoever takes over can’t just pretend that arguably the club’s most valuable customers have been shafted. 

Fair enough. I think the ST’s will be £28 cheaper when the uppers are closed so should be ok😂 (only kidding)

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye, me too.

Bassini did promise to pay us back

Bassini In

51 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

To be fair to the yoof. They’re probably a very large percentage of our ‘go weeklys’ At the minute inspite of the shit being served up

my lads 15 and him and his group (about a dozen of em) have hardly missed a game since Xmas. And there a number of similar groups who do the same 

Whereas the groups of 12 fellas who used to go together have now dwindled to ones and twos all over the show

its not about attracting the 7-10 Yr olds. It’s abour attracting the fuckers who have to take them 

I'll go along with this as I'm seeing the same thing - I'd struggle to get someone to jump back on for a game with a free ticket but my lad did probably 35 league games last season and one of his mates did all 45. They don't understand why everyone their age doesn't go with it being so cheap and people our age wonder why anyone goes at all.

There’s pretty much fuck all can be done regarding boosting home numbers, our ceiling has been hit.

We are in a shit position geographically to be getting more than we do 

its easy to compare the old prem days attendances but let’s not forget when we had one of our best ever seasons in 97 we averaged 15k