Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gutted. I’d say that I fear it’s an indication that the iceberg isn’t far ahead, but surely we hit it a long time ago   He has shown tremendous dignity throughout this whole mess and really has c

Not the best tactician but he should be remembered for his integrity and dignity through the club’s darkest days. I hope he gets a decent job and does well. Thanks Phil.

Another sad day in the history of our club.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

For me this means that we are either done or he knows we are being taken over in the next few days and he knew he was being potted.

If I start backing both sides like that though I might as well start posting in the TAKE OVER thread.

Already posted before about Campbell as potential manager, Nolan is emperor's new clothes for me, and I honestly started to wonder if Lee had left - where's he been when the young uns have been out? No fucking where cos they aren't his regardless of the folk shouting "play the youth" last year.

If he knew he was being potted, surely he would have stayed and got the Compensation he would be entitled to being as he is on a rolling Contract ? I really don't believe he would throw that away especially if he hasn't been getting paid for half a year or so anyway.

1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

If he knew he was being potted, surely he would have stayed and got the Compensation he would be entitled to being as he is on a rolling Contract ? I really don't believe he would throw that away especially if he hasn't been getting paid for half a year or so anyway.

This definitely.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Club statement, resignations been accepted and Jimmy Phillips takes over as interim manager over the 1st team.... didn't know we had one 🙄

We’ve had a Jimmy Phillips for 30 years

For the most part, Parky has conducted himself well as an ambassador for the club and has perhaps gone a long way towards returning an air of respectability to the club and a bit of leeway with the EFL despite the shit Anderson's tenure has put us all through. I only wish that he had realised that his "style" of football requires far better players than we've had to work with to be successful on the pitch, and that he'd tried something different more often. That said, big respect for sticking with us through thin and thin.

34 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

I only wish that he had realised that his "style" of football requires far better players than we've had to work with to be successful on the pitch

I think he probably did.

Short of blindfolding the officials and sending the team out with baseball bats and shovels, I’m not sure what the answer was.

41 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

For the most part, Parky has conducted himself well as an ambassador for the club and has perhaps gone a long way towards returning an air of respectability to the club and a bit of leeway with the EFL despite the shit Anderson's tenure has put us all through. I only wish that he had realised that his "style" of football requires far better players than we've had to work with to be successful on the pitch, and that he'd tried something different more often. That said, big respect for sticking with us through thin and thin.

Our of interest what style of football doesn't require better players than we've had to work with?

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Our of interest what style of football doesn't require better players than we've had to work with?

Fair point. I was just saying that setting the stall out to defend for long periods needs the likes of Maldini, Cannavaro, Nesta and Baresi at the back, Viera in the middle and either SKD or Linford Christie up top.

12 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

I think he probably did.

Short of blindfolding the officials and sending the team out with baseball bats and shovels, I’m not sure what the answer was.

I don't know the answer either but I do know if you keep doing what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.