Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

So this help for self employed will be 80% of average profits over the last 3 years up to £2500.

So if you’ve been taking cash in the hand and not fully declaring what’ve you’ve honestly been making you may have screwed yourself over if you now need help.

That’s how I read it.

Im beginning to wonder if our government are real Tories!

9 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

So this help for self employed will be 80% of average profits over the last 3 years up to £2500.

So if you’ve been taking cash in the hand and not fully declaring what’ve you’ve honestly been making you may have screwed yourself over if you now need help.

Yep spot on. They want their cake and eat it in some cases but this puts two fingers up at those. 

if you’ve paid your taxes same as the rest of us you will be looked after. The message is crystal clear and very fair. Well done to the government 

5 minutes ago, burnden said:

still don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do - director of a company with one employee - me  - pay myself 11,500 wage rest in dividends - which i have to pay income tax on - cant sell anything until June (im in telecoms - BT openreach have said they arent processing any new orders until 1st June at he earliest unless its for NHS etc)  - how much can i claim - fuck knows 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yep spot on. They want their cake and eat it in some cases but this puts two fingers up at those. 

if you’ve paid your taxes same as the rest of us you will be looked after. The message is crystal clear and very fair. Well done to the government 

If you are dumb enough to have spent all that money (I was a ltd company for nearly 20 years) then you get what you deserve , I always kept 6 months money just in case

• Members
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

A while back I did some pre season training to get some people into shape and below a set weight by the club, they paid me and I paid tax on it, it took me over a level of tax and I got hit and it almost made it financially worthless. Until I got a rebate when it levelled out. 
My barber last week said he hope he has to close and he can claim back £10k government grant and hopefully a couple of thousand for each employee. 
I asked him about his accounts and how he files them and he said he declares the minimum amount of jobs  so he goes just below a level where he doesn’t have to pay tax.  That’s why he is cash only and doesn’t have a card machine.

I must be naive to it and I thought you fucker how is it that fair , but karma now I suppose. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

You get out what you put in.

A lot of smug cunts are about to find out what that means.

However, newer businesses have been treated a bit shit here. It’s not flawless.

A girl I went to Uni with set up her own Personal trainer business in January, its only just started getting up and running properly so she’s gonna get hit here.

2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

A while back I did some pre season training to get some people into shape and below a set weight by the club, they paid me and I paid tax on it, it took me over a level of tax and I got hit and it almost made it financially worthless. Until I got a rebate when it levelled out. 
My barber last week said he hope he has to close and he can claim back £10k government grant and hopefully a couple of thousand for each employee. 
I asked him about his accounts and how he files them and he said he declares the minimum amount of jobs  so he goes just below a level where he doesn’t have to pay tax.  That’s why he is cash only and doesn’t have a card machine.

I must be naive to it and I thought you fucker how is it that fair , but karma now I suppose. 

Yep think it was Radcliffe who said he’s a builder lives near him who lives like a premiership footballer as pays fuck all tax. Karmas a bitch and eventually it catches up with you 

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

You get out what you put in.

A lot of smug cunts are about to find out what that means.

However, newer businesses have been treated a bit shit here. It’s not flawless.

looks to me like small ltd companies that sell to business, or any relatively new small company or sole trader are fucked if this goes on for any length of time. My business will be bankrupt in 4 months. 

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

We're seeing loads of customers close down, either they've done it already or from close of play tomorrow night. Most saying they will be back on 14th April (at the earliest), but some even pushing that into May.

We'll stay open as long as couriers can still pick up and deliver, as we have loads of shit in transit from the Far East at the minute  - we've even taken the step this week of shipping (with their agreement) customers April schedules so they'll have the stock ready for when they're actually able to return to work..........and we're even deferring the invoices!!

The UK productivity is going to drop off the edge of a cliff next month

Already has 

Some data out yesterday showed the Service sector down -30% and tgat wasn’t even right up to date 

Technical depression this, easy 

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

A girl I went to Uni with set up her own Personal trainer business in January, its only just started getting up and running properly so she’s gonna get hit here.

I guess the thinking is, if a business is tgat new that you have never paid a penny of tax then you can’t really expect the HMRC to come in 

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

you know the rules......

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I suspect there is an angle there though. If I spot it I will let you know. 
im sad and love stuff like this. Why? No idea. And by that I don’t mean people getting their just desserts I just mean all the economic stuff and tax and all that shit. Sad I know. 

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I guess the thinking is, if a business is tgat new that you have never paid a penny of tax then you can’t really expect the HMRC to come in 

Yes but if she’s worked before she will have paid tax. Can’t be looked at as broad brush and black and white as that for me Anyway 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Some data out yesterday showed the Service sector down -30% and tgat wasn’t even right up to date 

Is that not just a seasonal blip because the holiday season is nearly here?

• Members
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Yeah I get it, it’s just a bit crap . Might help her promote it.

Just now, Big E said:

you know the rules......

Mate they’re massive. If sports bras didn’t exist want she’d look like Rocky at the end of the film.

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

if the person running the business had been paying tax and NI in a recent tax year from previous employment or another business, it's a bit unfair to penalise them just because they started up a new business. As he said some businesses are going to fail through no fault of their own, 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but if she’s worked before she will have paid tax. Can’t be looked at as broad brush and black and white as that for me Anyway 

Let’s face it, it’s the last month of the tax year, if you’ve set up on your own 11 months ago and you have squirrelled away  some money to pay your end of year tax bill then you can just spend that money and sack off your self assessment 

See where the land lies when we get out the other side and decide if it’s worth submitting anything 

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

if the person running the business had been paying tax and NI in a recent tax year from previous employment or another business, it's a bit unfair to penalise them just because they started up a new business. As he said some businesses are going to fail through no fault of their own, 

If the previous year you had a self assessment in for another business venture then this scheme would pay out based on that 

its the same for PAYE, you might have been in a job for ten years and let go in January (non Corona related), you have no PAYE in February so you won’t get into that 80% furlough scheme 

Your looking at Universal Credit, which can pay a decent amount. When I was made redundant after the 2008 crash I git my rent and council tax paid with another £65 a week on top, wasn’t a lot I suppose but it helped 

Broadly speaking, the vast majority effected have been sorted out one way or another. Few examples of what if this or what if that but on the whole the government has stepped up for me