Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Because it's being widely reported and I assumed people would quickly become aware of it, if they aren't already.

I have not seen anything, on the back of your post have been seen that there are supply chain issues 

But 8% effective ? 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I have not seen anything, on the back of your post have been seen that there are supply chain issues 

But 8% effective ? 

It would seem implausible, but the newspaper reporting appears to be a reputable one. From what I can make out it's the German equivalent of the Financial Times.

However, the journalist who broke the story was asked to provide data confirming it and he stated that he didn't have any, only off the record comments from German cabinet members. It seems a bit irresponsible to publish the article on that evidence to me.

AZ have firmly denied it, and one of them will lose a lot of crediblility over it depending on whether it is or isn't true. Figures crossed it's the German newspaper.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It would seem implausible, but the newspaper reporting appears to be a reputable one. From what I can make out it's the German equivalent of the Financial Times.

However, the journalist who broke the story was asked to provide data confirming it and he stated that he didn't have any, only off the record comments from German cabinet members. It seems a bit irresponsible to publish the article on that evidence to me.

AZ have firmly denied it, and one of them will lose a lot of crediblility over it depending on whether it is or isn't true. Figures crossed it's the German newspaper.

The two stories are also contradictory.

One says the EU might reject it, the other says they want more. Fucking foreigners. 😁🤣

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

How many firefighters and police died in the same time? This isn't a question that needs answering btw. Very, very sobering stat. 

More to the blue light services than police and firefighters. In the caring world paramedics, community first responsible etc will have had exposure. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems the eu are booting off because AZ having problems meeting demand/production issues.

Italy apparently looking at taking legal action against them!! (BBC report)

Will they do the same with Pfizer?

How fucking sad.

They should have got themselves organised.

Is there a french phrase for bureaucratic shambles?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems the eu are booting off because AZ having problems meeting demand/production issues.

Italy apparently looking at taking legal action against them!! (BBC report)

Will they do the same with Pfizer?

How fucking sad.

We'll see more and more of this as places scrabble for as many vaccines as they can get their hands on. I think both AZ and Pfizer have recently said there will be some short term shortages. I guess if the Italian Government have a contract for delivery within a certain timeframe with penalty clauses for non-delivery, then they might be entitled to take legal action.

I'd expect the UK Government to do the same as well if our vaccine supply looks to get slowed down

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Pagaille bureaucratique, apparently 

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Who AZ or the EU?

If AZ have promised a load of vaccines, and then not delivered, surely that's on AZ is it not?

Either way, as long as the UK supply doesn't get too affected, then I'm happy for AZ to make everybody else wait 🙂

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We'll see more and more of this as places scrabble for as many vaccines as they can get their hands on. I think both AZ and Pfizer have recently said there will be some short term shortages. I guess if the Italian Government have a contract for delivery within a certain timeframe with penalty clauses for non-delivery, then they might be entitled to take legal action.

I'd expect the UK Government to do the same as well if our vaccine supply looks to get slowed down

I'm sure there'll be clauses allowing for production issues- AZ top brass only talking the other day about how difficult it is and their constant process improvement. 

Redirecting product would he a different matter if it was happening, but it doesn't seem so.

Though the eu commission does appear to be looking into the prospect of restricting Pfizer one from going out of Europe. 

All in all though; it is cunty. Completely. 

Moreover, as the ERA hasn't approved the AZ one yet.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

17 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Who AZ or the EU?

If AZ have promised a load of vaccines, and then not delivered, surely that's on AZ is it not?

Either way, as long as the UK supply doesn't get too affected, then I'm happy for AZ to make everybody else wait 🙂

Sure

The EU haven't even approved the Oxford AZ vaccine as yet, so why are they moaning about supplies?!

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sure

The EU haven't even approved the Oxford AZ vaccine as yet, so why are they moaning about supplies?!

Supposed to be announcing it on Friday. Not sure how they know exactly when, but that's by the by.

What happens if it's not approved?

46 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sure

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "sticking up" for the EU here at all, but you can't suggest that if a customer has a product on order (which they have) that they aren't allowed to chase it up and expect promised delivery dates to be met before they've finished their own in house approvals are you?

We get customers moaning all the time about the delivery times we're quoting, even when they've not approved samples yet - the orders for ventilator product last year for example, the UK Government were chasing like fuck for product, and sending planes out to pick our products up, even though they still hadn't finished their approvals. The goods got to the UK, and then sat around for 4 days before approval was granted, and then build went ahead.  

Do you reckon the UK Government wasn't checking and chasing deliveries of both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines prior to us approving them?