Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yes, I’ve seen something like that. Oh dear.

Wait until Wigan are proper fucked but dodgy owners need removing

Folk thought our blue marble loan was extortionate. Wait til this fucker needs repaying. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How much is the loan and who’s it owed to?

To this “mystery man” and I believe it’s about 40m quid or thereabouts. Well that’s what he put in to buy the club from the owners and pay off a loan it had and I think he basically lent it to the club rather than In as equity. 

But I might be wrong about the detail I read it somewhere but can’t remember where mate.

its all a bit mental. He put it into admin the same day he actually physically bought it I think. Stinks to high heaven 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

To this “mystery man” and I believe it’s about 40m quid or thereabouts. Well that’s what he put in to buy the club from the owners and pay off a loan it had and I think he basically lent it to the club rather than In as equity. 

But I might be wrong about the detail I read it somewhere but can’t remember where mate.

its all a bit mental. He put it into admin the same day he actually physically bought it I think. Stinks to high heaven 

Even if he disappears, the club isn’t viable.

Whelan knew he was selling a busted flush.

They are proper fucked. I don’t think it’s getting home to people yet.

Just now, Steejay said:

Aye they are a money pit as things stand with no chance of going to the prem and losing 10m a year to battle relegation in the championship.  Makes grim reading in a prospectus from the admins eh that. 

they’re in a world of trouble and will end up in the lower reaches with crowds of sub 5k        Back where they belong. They’ve done well let’s be honest but it’s time for them and Tranmere to languish where they both belong now. 

23 minutes ago, Steejay said:

WIgan's team is still as good as the mid table one Bolton had under Rioch in 93/94, While they continue to get good results on the pitch people struggle to believe they are in the shit.When will they have shit players and get shit results?

55 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Because they’re in admin does that mean mystery man is a creditor and at what % in the pound will any new owner have to pay him? 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Because they’re in admin does that mean mystery man is a creditor and at what % in the pound will any new owner have to pay him? 

He will be a secured creditor I imagine so the ground would be sold etc and funds to him. Nobody is chucking that money in without having it belt and braces secured. 

he will likely get his wedge back. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

He will be a secured creditor I imagine so the ground would be sold etc and funds to him. Nobody is chucking that money in without having it belt and braces secured. 

he will likely get his wedge back. 

If he's a secured creditor, that security would surely have to be registered as a charge against the holding company, wouldn't it?

It would seem crazy for it to be unsecured but I can't think where else the record of that security would be.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

If he's a secured creditor, that security would surely have to be registered as a charge against the holding company, wouldn't it?

It would seem crazy for it to be unsecured but I can't think where else the record of that security would be.

He’s only just taken over the club a few weeks ago. There is plenty time for it to be lodged as a record at companies house. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a charge Document that’s been executed. Companies house is merely an information gathering  site in reality 

you get I think 21 days which has just passed. But even after that date can still be registered you just need to pay a fee and possibly get the court to accept it. But even then it doesn’t show up straight away can take a wee while. 

being in admin the charge showing up may also take more time. 

Edited by Escobarp

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

That's more than I expected tbh

7.6m from PL and EFL central distributions. Total income 11.5m 

wages near 20m before any other costs come out. 40 first team squad size in 2019. Insane for a club that size. 

Judging by what I'm reading here it sounds truly grim for Wigan.

I had a nosy on their forum(s) of which only one seemed to be active and even there, I could find very little information similar to what I've read here. In terms of actual facts and figures anyway. To be fair though they have done some good crowdfunding so far.

I was curious to see where they stood after a few weeks in admin compared to where we were about a year ago... I wouldn't want to trade places put it that way, even if they survive the drop this season, it sounds like that's not even near the end of their problems.

Very interested to see how this one plays out because a knight in shining armour seems unlikely, but this is football.

7 hours ago, Mantra said:

Judging by what I'm reading here it sounds truly grim for Wigan.

I had a nosy on their forum(s) of which only one seemed to be active and even there, I could find very little information similar to what I've read here. In terms of actual facts and figures anyway. To be fair though they have done some good crowdfunding so far.

I was curious to see where they stood after a few weeks in admin compared to where we were about a year ago... I wouldn't want to trade places put it that way, even if they survive the drop this season, it sounds like that's not even near the end of their problems.

Very interested to see how this one plays out because a knight in shining armour seems unlikely, but this is football.

AFC Bury vs AFC Wigan playing friendlies against each other until they get invited into the Lancashire Amateur League would be a good way it playing out.

2 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

Today's results mean (with the points deduction) that they now have to win their last game and rely on the other teams getting beat to avoid relegation

what a shame 😄

+ they've got Fulham who still have a chance of automatic promotion if they beat Wiggin.

Wish i could go to the DW and root for Fulham.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Relegation will be the final nail in their coffin potentially. Even lower revenues and will need to offload almost all their first team squad I imagine which won’t be easy in the current market  then rebuild under an embargo which we know is tough  

They are going to need to trim about £14m off their wage bill to stand even half a chance of becoming sustainable and probably much more in reality. That ain’t going to be easy. And if someone does buy it if they buy it with debt then that’s another expense. 

I’m getting  the word ........fucked 

They won’t be the last to go this way.