Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big crash

Anyone had a bad one?

I drove my old works van over a junction I had no idea was there and was hit side on and sent through a garden wall and into the first skin of brickwork of a house. Never forget the woman sat in her dressing gown eating toast as I parked next to her bay window and by bumper underneath it :D

Touch wood never had a big motorway jobby.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone had a bad one?

I drove my old works van over a junction I had no idea was there and was hit side on and sent through a garden wall and into the first skin of brickwork of a house. Never forget the woman sat in her dressing gown eating toast as I parked next to her bay window and by bumper underneath it :D

Long story short was a passenger in a fiat Panda that flipped and rolled down the M1 landing on it's roof 

Had to crawl out through glass to safety 

Saw the wreck the next day at a garage, there was 5 of us in it and remarkable we all survived, was fuck all left of it

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone had a bad one?

Was in a massive shunt on the A2 heading into london at rush hour a while back. Caused tailbacks long enough to make every travel bulletin on the wireless 

Ive seen some horrific stuff down the years, including a pedestrian getting hit so hard by a lorry on the M6 that it decapitated him. (Think it was a him). That was a low point.

I ended up in intensive care in a hospital just outside Berlin in September 2021, a car hit us at about 100 mph, we spun across the autobahn hitting the barriers a couple of times, fucking terrifying, then the Germans hounded me for almost 12 months wanting payment for the hospital treatment, the motorway closure, the disposal of our car, the fire service for clearing the autobahn, absolute nightmare and very painful

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

Was in a massive shunt on the A2 heading into london at rush hour a while back. Caused tailbacks long enough to make every travel bulletin on the wireless 

Ive seen some horrific stuff down the years, including a pedestrian getting hit so hard by a lorry on the M6 that it decapitated him. (Think it was a him). That was a tough wank.

Bet you managed it.

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

was it some one on here 

or a Mate of mine    4 of them in the car 

turned a car over on Motoway  on the way to a Away game

a coach picked them up 

just left the car on the hard sholder went to the game 

Think that was Darlington game freight rover, Walkden, LH lads, think Tel off here was passenger, white XR3 injection totalled. Driver was back home in bed when police knocked on saying car had been nicked and been wrote off near Darlington. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

My parents' caravan flipped over on the undulating section of the m62.

Closed it, and the hassle was on the radio bulletins.

We went to the recovery yard the day after to see if anything was salvageable. Match wood remnants of the shell, clothing, crockery etc all scooped up and dumped in a big pile!

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think that was Darlington game freight rover, Walkden, LH lads, think Tel off here was passenger, white XR3 injection totalled. Driver was back home in bed when police knocked on saying car had been nicked and been wrote off near Darlington. 

My old man was involved in a mini bus crash when he was running BWFC Supporters Club. 

Quite a bad one that had Stalwart Phyllis and her son on board. 

Think it flipped on its roof on the way back from an away game.

My Aunt and Uncle got caught in a side wind on the M25 towing a Carvan, just started going side to side and he couldn't correct it, flipped the whole car over. Apparently happens quite a lot. Anyway, thankfully they were both fine.

Oddest thing I saw was a car in the middle lane and then a lorry moving into said lane but hadn't seen the car. I could see what was going to happen in slow motion. The lorry clipped the car, which spun into the front of the lorry so it was now side on. The klorry was frantically breaking whilst this German family were screaming thinking they were about to go under the wheels of this truck. Anyway, its manged to stop before that happened. Thought about stopping to help, but was late for my daughter's birthday party so didn't.

• Site Supporter
On 23/01/2023 at 12:54, Not in Crawley said:

My Aunt and Uncle got caught in a side wind on the M25 towing a Carvan, just started going side to side and he couldn't correct it, flipped the whole car over. Apparently happens quite a lot. Anyway, thankfully they were both fine.

Oddest thing I saw was a car in the middle lane and then a lorry moving into said lane but hadn't seen the car. I could see what was going to happen in slow motion. The lorry clipped the car, which spun into the front of the lorry so it was now side on. The klorry was frantically breaking whilst this German family were screaming thinking they were about to go under the wheels of this truck. Anyway, its manged to stop before that happened. Thought about stopping to help, but was late for my daughter's birthday party so didn't.

In many countries you’d receive a fine for not giving any help at the scene of an accident.