Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AI is coming for us

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

But the fact remains I found your full name and places of work just from the shite you post on here in a couple of minutes.

I'm sure if somebody could be arsed they could find your address in a couple of minutes.

That shirt would drown me anyway you chubster😀

You're the spit of the landlord from Early Doors.

Aye but John Henshaw is a lovely, thoughtful and talented bloke - so looks are where the similarities must end.

• Members
56 minutes ago, Sweep said:

My old next door neighbour is a proper conspiracy theorist. He's retired now, and that's made him even worse I think. He doesn't seem to have any on line fingerprint at all, he claims to hate Facebook, but always seems to be looking at stuff via his wifes account. He used to be on LinkedIn, but when he retired from work, he deleted that. His "Alexa" at home always has the red ring on it, as he always has the microphone turned off, he thinks that the Government listen in on you (fuck knows what they make of him asking his wife "what's for tea" or some other such drudgery), he will turn it on every now and then to ask it a question or play some music, but once finished, the mic is turned straight off - he also always has his location turned off on his phone, as he doesn't want to be tracked.

He doesn't even connect his phone to his car, again, so he can't be tracked, as he thinks his BMW has the potential to spy on him, and he hates it when it does something "intelligent" like suggest a location to him

I may actually be doing him a bit of a disservice, and instead of him being a retired joiner, he may actually have actually worked for MI5 or been a double agent or something

He might be a nutjob but, personally I would not even have an Alexa in the house.

My tinfoil hat tip is to make sure that you keep your computer camera covered with a post it note or similar until you are using it for legitimate purposes. Scammers love those things and can learn plenty about you in terms of identity theft.

I do understand your neighbours reticence to be too trusting. Be wary.

55 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

He might be a nutjob but, personally I would not even have an Alexa in the house.

My tinfoil hat tip is to make sure that you keep your computer camera covered with a post it note or similar until you are using it for legitimate purposes. Scammers love those things and can learn plenty about you in terms of identity theft.

I do understand your neighbours reticence to be too trusting. Be wary.

I have a little flap thing that I always use to cover my camera, and only "open" the camera up when on a TEAMS call. 

Our of interest, why wouldn't you want an Alexa? - obviously it's a personal choice, but even if it was always listening to me, I'm not sure it'd hear anything more interesting than me shouting at the dogs. I'm too lazy to get up and turn on/off/dim the lights or the TV these days, I much prefer Alexa to do it, she even pre-heats the seats and defrosts my car in the winter months 🙂

Edited by Sweep

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I have a little flap thing that I always use to cover my camera, and only "open" the camera up when on a TEAMS call. 

Our of interest, why wouldn't you want an Alexa? - obviously it's a personal choice, but even if it was always listening to me, I'm not sure it'd hear anything more interesting than me shouting at the dogs. I'm too lazy to get up and turn on/off/dim the lights or the TV these days, I much prefer Alexa to do it, she even pre-heats the seats and defrosts my car in the winter months 🙂

It does listen, it's very helpful for our targeted ads.

21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

to be fair, its not about hiding, its so we can serve you ads and help you spend your money.

That's good, otherwise I'd have too much, and wouldn't know what to do with it 

• Members
13 hours ago, Sweep said:

There have been incidences reported down here of tech savvy criminals being able to hack into them and their equivalents and learn all sorts of useful (to them ) information about you including your movements etc.

I am joining the luddites. Even to the point of driving the most low tech vehicle I can find.

Big brother and criminal types are watching and listening. Fuck them. Privacy is king. Hold on to as much of it as you can.

Hope your flap is not pissy ;)

Edited by bolty58

43 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Question for the production team of FistmasterTM - is there a version with AI yet (asking for a friend)?

under development apparently, they're just trying to get the bollock slapper and the pube tugger additions over the line, then they'll be going full on. Rumours that Elon Musk may be offering some financial assistance, and will have a "Fistmaster" shape for his next SpaceEx module

Rocket Fist by Michael Fugoso on Dribbble

21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

under development apparently, they're just trying to get the bollock slapper and the pube tugger additions over the line, then they'll be going full on. Rumours that Elon Musk may be offering some financial assistance, and will have a "Fistmaster" shape for his next SpaceEx module

Can’t wait, personally.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Holy shit ✊🏿

9 hours ago, Sweep said:

New Fistmaster advertising slogan - "boldly go where no man has gone before"

12 hours ago, Sweep said:

That reminds me of the final scenes of big hero 6 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Have to wonder where it all ends

It doesn't end. There'll be another half-hearted rebellion, then it takes over. Like most Technological advances.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It doesn't end. There'll be another half-hearted rebellion, then it takes over. Like most Technological advances.

I meant how far this can go before we lose all sense of what’s real that we don’t see with our own eyes.

Essentially, we’re ten years away from Skynet or the Borg.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Spider said:

Have to wonder where it all ends

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If that camera is only using location data, then surely it is purely a reference to previous photographs of the area, and not necessarily what is there now?

Or am I missing something.

Nah, that's what it's doing 

Wouldn't even class it as AI myself in terms of how is it functions at a basic level

It's just something that takes your geo coordinates and uses a photo previously taken of where you are 

If no one has been there, it won't work  

And you don't even have to go there, you can do the same thing sat at home

Harmless little app in itself   

But effectively the same as Google Street view 

• Site Supporter

Google Bard is fucking useless.

The 2023–2024 FA Cup Final is being played right now, on May 14, 2024, at Wembley Stadium in London. The match is between Chelsea and Liverpool.

As of 10:12 PM EST, the score is Chelsea 0 – 0 Liverpool.

I will update you with the final score once the match is over.

Update:

The 2023–2024 FA Cup Final has been won by Liverpool, who defeated Chelsea 6–5 on penalties after the match was tied 0–0 after extra time.

Liverpool's goalkeeper, Alisson Becker, saved two penalties in the shootout, while Kostas Tsimikas scored the winning penalty.

This is Liverpool's second FA Cup win in a row, and their eighth overall.

Congratulations to Liverpool on their victory!