Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Challengers next season?

DomRepWanderer

On 28/07/2023 at 11:48, Cheese said:

In favour of this myself. Hopefully makes time wasting a futile tactic. Some of our opponents last season took the absolute piss.

Exactly. Plus the fans were getting ripped off paying for a 90 minute game and getting less than an hour of actual football.

Personally I'm in favour of a 60 minute clock that is stopped whenever the game stops or the ball goes out of play including throw ins - and a countdown at the end of the game :)

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Few mentions of us on Talksport today as being contenders.

Weve even made the little EFL collage thing theyve done with Kachungas goal at Wembley.

NTT20 predictions have us finishing 1st, and they're rarely miles off being right.

49 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Hate being favourites.

The rams are still favourites .

Citehย ย 

Leicester ?

Bolton

Stockport

Am unsure about Leicester, I know they have lost tielemans, barnes.ย ย 

Mantra, lusty what are your thoughts on the championship?

(Thought I'd put this under challengers instead of new thread)

11 hours ago, W.cramp said:

The rams are still favourites .

Citehย ย 

Leicester ?

Bolton

Stockport

Am unsure about Leicester, I know they have lost tielemans, barnes.ย ย 

Mantra, lusty what are your thoughts on the championship?

(Thought I'd put this under challengers instead of new thread)

Donโ€™t think you can look further than the massives. Think it will be Liverpool or Newcastle to give em a run. Chelsea and spurs to improve. Arsenal I canโ€™t decide on.

Boro, millwall and Leicester to go up. Watford and Norwich to ramp up.

Our league hardest to call as itโ€™s open as you like. Iโ€™ll plump for us, Peterborough and Derby.

L2 Stockport, Wrexham, Gillingham and Bratfurd.

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yes Sharon said that is the aim. I appreciate youโ€™ll tell me the difference between need and want so will correct myself to save a few posts ๐Ÿ˜‚

Youโ€™ve no sense of fun! ๐Ÿคฃ

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Donโ€™t think you can look further than the massives. Think it will be Liverpool or Newcastle to give em a run. Chelsea and spurs to improve. Arsenal I canโ€™t decide on.

Boro, millwall and Leicester to go up. Watford and Norwich to ramp up.

Our league hardest to call as itโ€™s open as you like. Iโ€™ll plump for us, Peterborough and Derby.

L2 Stockport, Wrexham, Gillingham and Bratfurd.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Good shout with boro,ย  gonna replace Leicester,ย  ย it's all your fault now if Leicester walk this with 110 points!

Derby fans not confident at all, most choosing us for winning the league. Blackpool fans very confident of winning the league. Pompey fans a bit unsure of the quality of their new signings. Its going to be a roller coaster!

7 minutes ago, woolli said:

Derby fans not confident at all, most choosing us for winning the league. Blackpool fans very confident of winning the league. Pompey fans a bit unsure of the quality of their new signings. Its going to be a roller coaster!

Not sure about Derby either

They've lost McGoldrick who scored their goals last seasonย 

And think they still have restrictions in terms of how much they can spendย 

ย 

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Not sure about Derby either

They've lost McGoldrick who scored their goals last seasonย 

And think they still have restrictions in terms of how much they can spendย 

ย 

They are saying their defence is far stronger, but saying dont know where the goals are coming from? Think McGoldrick will be a big loss, and difficult to replace.

23 minutes ago, woolli said:

Aye Derby fan I work with not convinced by them either.

I tell you summert, their away ST is ยฃ50 to join!

16 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Aye Derby fan I work with not convinced by them either.

I tell you summert, their away ST is ยฃ50 to join!

Derby fan I know and from last seasonย 

The EFL hate us that's why refs give us shit decisions

Teams need to give us 5k tickets to meet our demandย 

I hope they become the next Sunderland in league oneย 

Can't see past the 3 relegated clubs for promotion, assuming they avoid becoming basket cases like Watford.ย  I think only Burnley got in the top 6 last season but Leicester, Leeds & Southampton look stronger than previous relegated sides.ย 

For all they will sell a few, they get ridiculous fees for them by EFL standards and there's no excuse not to build a good enough team to be better than the likes of Millwall, PNE, Coventry.

On another note, can't believe Ward Prowse hasn't been snapped up yet, he's a top 6 Prem player all day long, it will be interesting to see if he's risking injury in the championship for a few weeks.

ย 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

Derby fan I know and from last seasonย 

The EFL hate us that's why refs give us shit decisions

Teams need to give us 5k tickets to meet our demandย 

I hope they become the next Sunderland in league oneย 

We been speaking to the same lad? ๐Ÿ˜€ย 

There is an air of "we're far too big for this league" about him, but then plenty I know (me included) think the same about us. Majority of clubs are where they deserve to be.

He's still struggling to get his head around how they now share a league with Burton who were many of his lot's second team that they used to go and watch on free weekends! I guess it would be like Chorley getting into L1 and getting a result against us.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

There is an air of "we're far too big for this league" about him, but then plenty I know (me included) think the same about us. Majority of clubs are where they deserve to be.

He's still struggling to get his head around how they now share a league with Burton who were many of his lot's second team that they used to go and watch on free weekends! I guess it would be like Chorley getting into L1 and getting a result against us.

It's a she ๐Ÿ˜ƒ (decent handful)

Talk to her about normal stuff and she's fine, bring Derby into it and it goes to another levelย 

When they got two points deductions it was unfair as they'd been punished the first so no need for the second even though it was two different offencesย 

They've always been an arrogant set of fans and that bounce they do is cringey

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Nothing they haven't done before; we were in Div 3 with them for 2 years 1984 to 86.ย  I just had a look at the table and its noticeable there are no "tiny" clubs in there like Accy, Burton, Morecambe.ย  Smallest were probably Darlington, Newport, Bury, Wigan.ย  Cardiff, Swansea and Wolves all got relegated to Div 4 in 86.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but last season I predicted 5th place and lose in Play Off Semis so take this with a pinch of salt however you want, but this season I'm going with us finishing 3rd and winning the Play Offs.ย 

Think we will see Charlton, Blackpool and Oxford in Play Offsย