Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Middlesbrough (H)

L/H White

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Was it a mistake to buy him?

Perhaps go for another loan, but if that wasn't an option was it too risky to make a purchase?

Absolutely a massive error imo what did he do in his loan period to warrant a permanent move, Jerome I see the thinking but 18 month deal ffs is poor

i must stop moaning though lucky to have a club and all that 

Edited by radcliffe white

41 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Anyway anyone going this?, the online ticket portal suggests not

Last midweek game before schools go back  and against higher opposition you’d think we could muster a decent crowd 

Just me and a few hundred others by the look of it.

At least It will be easy to get off the car park.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Anyway anyone going this?, the online ticket portal suggests not

Last midweek game before schools go back  and against higher opposition you’d think we could muster a decent crowd 

Just got tickets for myself and the Babybels. Seating plan looks sparse to say the least.

Boro fans seems to have mixed emotions about this game. After their poor early season results some are saying they should play their best team and get a confidence-boosting result. Some reckon we'll batter them anyway. Some are playing down the significance of the Carabou Cup and suggesting they put out their reserves. And some are banging on about beating us in the League Cup final FFS.

This is a tough but winnable game so it'll be interesting to see how IE goes about it.

IE will  I suspect consider that Derby on Saturday is the bigger of these games and I can’t see him risking players against Boro, especially with Rico out and Toal not yet playing. Surely despite that we have a competent enough squad to field a decent team on Tuesday capable of giving Boro a game without too much risk? I’d like to beat Boro and get into the later rounds but not at the expense of points against the Rams.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd settle for a narrow defeat and decent display from a changed XI tonight.

Coleman, Forrester, John, Sadlier, CMG, JDB, Dan etc should all play.

good job you said that

but, now i need an excuse  :)

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Would think given their league form they will field a weaker side tonight

could actually nick this

booked in LOV not sure what to expect 

I think we will have to make changes through injuries though, which may weaken us.

That said, I wouldn't mind some changes to give one or two a run out- Ashworth and Gomes for example. 

Is the bolton ticketing website always a nightmare? Ive got a membership and have been to games..but i want to take my son tonight. Trying to buy 2 tickets and it isnt letting me. Ive created anorher membership for him and it still wont let me assign the second ticket to him. Any help appreciated.

16 minutes ago, mark68745 said:

Is the bolton ticketing website always a nightmare? Ive got a membership and have been to games..but i want to take my son tonight. Trying to buy 2 tickets and it isnt letting me. Ive created anorher membership for him and it still wont let me assign the second ticket to him. Any help appreciated.

Takes 24hrs to Regester  for the Membership to get Tickets 

5 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Boro fans seems to have mixed emotions about this game. After their poor early season results some are saying they should play their best team and get a confidence-boosting result. Some reckon we'll batter them anyway. Some are playing down the significance of the Carabou Cup and suggesting they put out their reserves. And some are banging on about beating us in the League Cup final FFS.

This is a tough but winnable game so it'll be interesting to see how IE goes about it.

Sounds like what Villa were hoping for last season.  Poor in the league, thrashed us 4-1 with a strong line up, and took that confidence into their next league game, 0-1 v West Ham.  Won 1 out of next 8 and Gerrard got sacked.  If Boro beat us tonight its not going to help them beat QPR on Saturday just as it won't impact our game v Derby.  I'm happy to enjoy a cup game in isolation and have a break from the league.

20 minutes ago, mark68745 said:

Just ring the ticket office, or call in before the game.