Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (A)

radcliffe white

It will be interesting to see how it pans out with Taylor.  Maybe by Saturday we'll have Forrester and Jones in the squad, and a week later Santos.  That's 6 CBs for 3 places (Iredale presumably 6th choice but with being left footed, a useful option).  If Taylor ends up on the bench for a prolonged period he may wonder why he didn't stay at WBA, wasn't he making the bench for them?  Presumably he's not dropped a division just to get a few sub appearances here and there.

• Site Supporter

I can easily see a starting back 3 of Santos, Toal and Taylor in the near future, with perfectly capable reinforcements on the bench.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I can easily see a starting back 3 of Santos, Toal and Taylor in the near future, with perfectly capable reinforcements on the bench.

I think Toal may also get a rest when Santos, Forrester and Jones are all available. 

He's managing his achilles issue at the moment, and after seeing what happened with Dempsey, perhaps the medical staff won't want any more risks taken.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter

If Taylor only had cramp on Saturday, he'll be playing.

He ain't getting up to speed by sitting on his arse.

I'd happily keep Forrester away from starting until we are 100% happy he's fully recovered

Cambridge have signed their own Taylor - 33 year old Lyle - who seems to be enjoying a bit of a  renaissance with 3 goals in 4 appearances including a brace in their away win on Saturday. Usually plays with Kacha but it will be interesting to see if Bonne gets a home debut ahead of Kaikai or Lankester - or Kacha.

They’ve also bolstered their defence signing Gibbons from the Gas but he can play anywhere across the back so difficult to guess what Harris has in mind - and he’s a canny bugger anyway.

No doubt they’re going to make it difficult for us and they carry a goal threat, but providing we play well and don’t gift them easy chances we’ll be fine.

PS: Weren’t Taylor and Bonne Charlton’s strike partnership a few years back?

Edited by Wanderlust

15 hours ago, Cheese said:

Well I can’t, not a single attacking bone in any of those 3 bodies. If Geths fit he’s back in with Toal in the centre because nobody links up with JDC better than Jones does. The only question then is LCB either Iredale who would be my choice given again his attacking capability or Taylor if fit and we need the height. Tough choice for IE now though whichever way he goes. An embarrassment of riches. 🥳

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

IE now saying we have injury worries ahead of this but no names mentioned. Gethin trained so should be available and Thomason is back. No idea what the starting line up will be

Taylor looked worse than  cramp to me, i actually thought it looked really grim, as i shin snapped

Obvs it wasnt

I think Sheehan and Dempsey both looked to be suffering too

5 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

PS: Weren’t Taylor and Bonne Charlton’s strike partnership a few years back?

They are both ex Charlton, probably around the same time.

Bonne is one of those "its who you know" signings, Harris signed him for Gillingham in the summer, got sacked in October, got Cambridge job in December and signed Bonne last week (thank god it wasn't JDB).

Its not looking good for Kachunga's prospects with the change of manager and then 2 new strikers.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Although Forrester was sprinting up and down the ESL touchline before KO Saturday he kept rubbing his right thigh after each sprint.  Physio kept making him do another one but it didn't look great.

im not sure you get told to sprint again if theres some doubt, mind?

24 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

They are both ex Charlton, probably around the same time.

Bonne is one of those "its who you know" signings, Harris signed him for Gillingham in the summer, got sacked in October, got Cambridge job in December and signed Bonne last week (thank god it wasn't JDB).

Its not looking good for Kachunga's prospects with the change of manager and then 2 new strikers.

He scored a tap in for Ipswich when we beat them 5-2 at their place 

That's all I know about him