Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Northampton Town (A)

BeeversLeftPeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Thomason probably told to get into the game, until the red card he’d hardly touched the ball, unfortunately he’s not the best at timing a tackle.

It wasn't about timing, it was about going in studs up with both feet off the floor

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

We can appeal but it would be a waste of time.

I couldn't believe how shocked both he and Evatt looked that he'd been sent off.

Fourth  official told them he didn’t think it was a Red as well at the time so that’s going to stoke evatt up 

Edited by Farnywhite

• Moderators
Just now, onefinfrandsen said:

Wasn’t sure it was both feet off the floor, sounds like the fourth official isn’t sure either.

jumps in air and leads with his left leg studs up

43 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

6 would be fantastic, and if we were firing on all cylinders I would be confident of getting them, reality is we are missing key players and the ones who have come in are finding there feet.

I get what you're saying but Charlton's last win was in November v Cheltenham and last away win in October (at Wigan).  Admittedly Wycombe is a tougher fixture (10 goals in last 3 games) but the thought of dropping more points on Tuesday is worrying, we'd be on a poor run if that happens.

Regarding missing key players - we're Bolton Wanderers, we're always missing key players 😀  As 1 or 2 come back, 1 or 2 others get injured or ill (or sent off for stupid challenges).  We have a big enough squad full of players IE has signed, no excuses really.

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

GT is a liability and I wouldn’t be quick to give him his place back he cost us today

derby & Peterborough results softened it 

How does Barnsley keep getting these late turn rounds; that pissed me off as much as another Pompey 1-0

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

He as definitely got a foot on the ground when he makes the challenge . Think  what might do him is he jumps before hand ref can say he as lost control and it’s dangerous . 

image.png

Like you said, he had already left the ground and jumped in. He won't defy gravity, and will lad at some point. Whether he tries to take his foot away at the death, I don't know, but it looks enough to be a red.

I wonder if the 4th official can be a witness in ant appeal?