Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (H)

L/H White

Thought fans were fantastic yesterday and it shows if you have a good ref that allows play it makes a great difference no slowing down play great team performance if we can replicate that over next 8 games we will be up

The angriest Boy/Man in the world who stands near us who hates absolutely everything and even stuff that has not happened literally loveā€™s Maghoma. First time in 10 years Iā€™ve ever heard him compliment someone so much

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

The angriest Boy/Man in the world who stands near us who hates absolutely everything and even stuff that has not happened literally loveā€™s Maghoma. First time in 10 years Iā€™ve ever heard him compliment someone so much

Itā€™s because Maghoma flits here and there, the odd twist & turn and a nutmeg thrown in.. some folk spot that Ā but miss more important stuff like tackles, tracking, closing down, the unglamorous stuff that actually matters more. Ā My bang average comments were based on the lack of those attributes at that time.Ā 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

40 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think we should debate our need for better wingbacks as that seemed to work yesterday. Will book in on Friday.

Iā€™ll follow up with a review of our poor form at Pride Park.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Itā€™s because Maghoma flits here and there, the odd twist & turn and a nutmeg thrown in.. some folk spot that Ā but miss more important stuff like tackles, tracking, closing down, the unglamorous stuff that actually matters more. Ā My bang average comments were based on the lack of those attributes at that time.Ā 

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Going to the grave with this. He was everywhere last night.

Something I noticed and liked last night was the energy levels, they all looked like they'd had a big sugar rush and were moving about with much more zip. One sprint from Jones to beat their forward to a ball was very sprightly. They didn't look last night that they were out on their feet as a squad yet.Ā 

Also, as Mounts said, we played through the lines more rather than along the back and round the edges, and did it more quickly, enabled by either Bod or Collins being able to come for it, control it and pop it off more effectively than Vic and Dion can. Positive signs that these last eight games might not be as much of a grind as we might have thought.

34 minutes ago, tomski said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Going to the grave with this. He was everywhere last night.

And still no assist or goal... decent performance though, penny might have dropped with him though,effort, work rate and tracking were all excellent and the goals and assists will come with more of the same effort.Ā  Ā 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And still no assist or goal... decent performance though, penny might have dropped with him though,effort, work rate and tracking were all excellent and the goals and assists will come with more of the same effort.Ā  Ā 

Love itšŸ˜‚

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not that I want to get into a back and forth on it, because everyone has an opinion and they donā€™t need to be the same, but heā€™s our 3rd top scorer.

7 goals and 2 assists in 30 games

Sheehan is 2 and 12 in 36

GT 6 (how yesterdayā€™s is being given to him Iā€™ll never know) and 4 in 31

Dempsey 2 and 5 in 33

Stats shouldnā€™t be the be all and end all but if thatā€™s your basis for how well heā€™s doing then heā€™s doing at least as well as our other midfielders.

Anyway, letā€™s hope we keep having the debate because it means heā€™s proving you wrong šŸ˜‚ (just as GT has completely done with my view on him).

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nice of you to admit you were wrong.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not that I want to get into a back and forth on it, because everyone has an opinion and they donā€™t need to be the same, but heā€™s our 3rd top scorer.

7 goals and 2 assists in 30 games

Sheehan is 2 and 12 in 36

GT 6 (how yesterdayā€™s is being given to him Iā€™ll never know) and 4 in 31

Dempsey 2 and 5 in 33

Stats shouldnā€™t be the be all and end all but if thatā€™s your basis for how well heā€™s doing then heā€™s doing at least as well as our other midfielders.

Anyway, letā€™s hope we keep having the debate because it means heā€™s proving you wrong šŸ˜‚ (just as GT has completely done with my view on him).

On this we can all agree, when my post was originally made he was bang average.... perhaps it was a flat spot, however he is now moving in the right direction.Ā 

Fantastic last night.Ā 

we moved the ball quickly and for once moved for the ball when we had throw ins etc.

Oxford were poor but putting them to the sword was what was needed and itā€™s what we did. Great to see and perfect prep for Saturday. (Still worried we will struggle Saturday).

traffic was sound if you watched arsenal in nam ploy šŸ˜

58 minutes ago, L/H White said:

offers nothing and only any good from the bench apparentlyĀ 

He was bloody brilliant last night.

I hope to fuck he carries on proving me wrong.Ā 

Entirely off piste for a second but I read yesterday that Oxford are likely to leave the Kassam Stadium in the Summer of 2026.

They only moved in 2001.

Looked at 43 potential sites, 35 are in greenfield ... almost all the rest have various restrictions (well, it is Oxford & it's car-hating, NIMBY Green council). So looking near Kidlington. I know Kidlington well & the natives won't be happy.

anyone else noticed they have changed the priority of the lights when leaving the car park?

we normally park on the land by the police station but it was mayhem after the Cambridge game, parked in the actual car park last night and got off it in a minute

11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Entirely off piste for a second but I read yesterday that Oxford are likely to leave the Kassam Stadium in the Summer of 2026.

They only moved in 2001.

Looked at 43 potential sites, 35 are in greenfield ... almost all the rest have various restrictions (well, it is Oxford & it's car-hating, NIMBY Green council). So looking near Kidlington. I know Kidlington well & the natives won't be happy.

There owner is shafting the club. Itā€™s quite sad when you speak to their fansĀ