Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull Funeral Parlour

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's weird.

At first I thought the story would be about bodies being in wrong coffins.

Now they're saying coffins may have been empty- totally bizarre as they will still be there taking up room. To what end- not like they're making any more money. 

Modern-day Burke and Hare?

• Members
59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's weird.

At first I thought the story would be about bodies being in wrong coffins.

Now they're saying coffins may have been empty- totally bizarre as they will still be there taking up room. To what end- not like they're making any more money. 

I just hope that it isn't necrophilia. Having said that, it is Yorkshire...................

So let me get this right. They just kept the bodies instead of transporting them to the crematorium, or they did some but not all? 

Now folk have ashes that could be relatives, could be a mixture of total strangers or sweepings off the floor?

Most odd. But then it is Hull.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, little whitt said:

35 bodies found 

Is that normal in one 

I would have thought 3/4 at the most unless there was a Plane crash or something 

Must have a Massive Fridge 

Do you think every body goes in a refrigerator? 

35 bodies from 3 branches of the same Funeral Directors is only 11/12 per branch. Not unusual

I can’t think of any financial advantage to be gained. They can’t be selling off bodies for medical research or other reason because the buyer would then need to get rid of the bodies.

An empty coffin can’t be cremated because the staff would notice the lack of bones; particularly femur and skull.

They can’t be charging for the funeral but not laying out the money on behalf of the family. Whether burial or cremation the funeral needs to be paid for even if they found a way not to have a body in.

The only thing I can think of is them not putting the right body in the corresponding coffin. The police are asking recently bereaved families for identifying features of their loved one. If they find the deceased based on an accurate description of identifiers but the funeral has already taken place then someone’s in the shit; big time.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I can’t think of any financial advantage to be gained. They can’t be selling off bodies for medical research or other reason because the buyer would then need to get rid of the bodies.

All well reasoned but I didn't understand this bit. If a body is sold for medical research, surely the researchers just do their dissections and stuff on them and wouldn't need to be getting rid of them? Well, not straight away obvs. 

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

All well reasoned but I didn't understand this bit. If a body is sold for medical research, surely the researchers just do their dissections and stuff on them and wouldn't need to be getting rid of them? Well, not straight away obvs. 

I doubt any medical research factility would be accepting bodies from a funeral home?

Unless it's c/o

Victor Frankenstein,

Castle Frankenstein,

Darmstadt,

GERMANY

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I doubt any medical research factility would be accepting bodies from a funeral home?

Unless it's c/o

Victor Frankenstein,

Castle Frankenstein,

Darmstadt,

GERMANY

It'd certainly be unexpected! I just didn't understand MickyDs reasoning about research facilities not buying any because they'd have to get rid of em.

I'm sure there's a more plausible explanation but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that an unscrupulous, possibly Johnny Foreigner medical institute have been buying their corpses from Hull.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

It'd certainly be unexpected! I just didn't understand MickyDs reasoning about research facilities not buying any because they'd have to get rid of em.

I'm sure there's a more plausible explanation but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that an unscrupulous, possibly Johnny Foreigner medical institute have been buying their corpses from Hull.

I’m just guessing at what could be going on but getting shut of femurs and skulls would be a bugger. The skin and muscles could quite easily be liquidised and flushed away but big bones; not quite so easy.