Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town (H)

RUREADY2ROLL

We're finishing 4th and it'll be Barnsley in the playoffs again.

Probably best for all parties if we part ways in the summer. Evatt's limitations have never been as strongly highlighted as in this match.

Just now, jmjhb said:

Probably best for all parties if we part ways in the summer. Evatt's limitations have never been as strongly highlighted as in this match.

Yup. If Posh beat us.

Play offs it is then so at least we can concentrate on that but that was hard watching, some absolutely dreadful stuff. We just have no composure in our play and set pieces and throw ins are just abysmal. Very disappointing but we didn’t deserve anything more tonight.

2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

100% this, let Evatt have a go somewhere else, and bring somebody like Alex Neill in.

I said after the Pompey game whilst I didn’t fear anyone in the play offs I fear the play offs. We just don’t have the level of performance we showed v portsmouth over 2 or 3 games on the trot. They don’t deal well with pressure, don’t often turn deficits round in our favour and are so easy to score against. 

We’ll limp in to the play offs now with a couple of Meek performances v’s Vale and Peterborough. 

we are the epitome of Bipolar in football terms 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

I said after the Pompey game whilst I didn’t fear anyone in the play offs I fear the play offs. We just don’t have the level of performance we showed v portsmouth over 2 or 3 games on the trot. They don’t deal well with pressure, don’t often turn deficits round in our favour and are so easy to score against. 

We’ll limp in to the play offs now with a couple of Meek performances v’s Vale and Peterborough. 

we are the epitome of Bipolar in football terms 

Yep I’m afraid when the going gets tough we just go.

A real shame.

We have good pkayers, good technique but huge gaps in the overall output. Easily rectified if we had the flexibilty but we don't.

We all know what's missing, no strangling bastard in the middle.

Quite simply, we don't win the big games.

Hoping we do in the play offs but can anyone be confident we will ?

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Fuck off that’s just shit.

We've seen it plenty of times before against teams in the bottom half as I mentioned earlier. Has to be a psychological attitude thing - which could be laid at Evatt/his team's door - or players believing their own hype.