Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Flog Cahill

Another match where that nightmare back four of Ricketts, Knight, Cahill and Robinson doesn't keep a clean sheet. Has it ever?

Get ?15m while we can for Cahill and rebuild.

For me Cahill and Knight do not hold there positions there at right back, left back right midfield and centre forward to much moving around Centre halfs should stay in that position.

For me Cahill and Knight do not hold there positions there at right back, left back right midfield and centre forward to much moving around Centre halfs should stay in that position.

The problem is that he's too good a footballer

Get him to anchor midfield

Edited by boltondiver

For me the full backs are the problem. Thought they were very poor Saturday. Robinson is a pub player and Ricketts never a right back. OC please find us some decent full backs in the summer!

• Site Supporter

Nicky Hunt :whistle:

was frozen out by Megson and not returned by Coyle. I really don't think he was any worse than some of the current incumbents in that position but we've seen that Coyle is all for giving everyone a fair chance to stake their claim on a place. Maybe his lack of match fitness has a lot to do with his current position. Maybe it's his attitude. After all, who wouldn't like to be earning close to ?7k a week for not even kicking a ball around?

• Moderators

nicky hunt was out of favour under lee, which made little sense as he started the season well

the rest of the gang of three who were allegedly shit stirring under lee have left the club and could be seen plying their respective trades at barcode city last night

re hunts wages, there were rumours - allegedly started by young nicholas, that he was on a million a year more than 7k a week (he signed a new contarct under lee)

• Site Supporter

as someone has aready pointed out the number of times the ball comes in from the wing past our full backs is criminal.

my first priority would be two decent full backs

My priority would be to teach the centre backs and defensive midfielders that, should the full back/wing back make a mazy run and dribble upfield big hole in defence by trying to be an out and out winger, then the hole must be filled for when said full back/wing back loses the ball and the opposition are quick on the counter-attack!

At one point Robbo was left having to pick up 2 Villa players as both Cahill and Knight had been drawn to the otherside of the pitch.

The braindead loon sat behind me decided this was robbos fault.

Stelios and Michael Johansen always made their full back look so good by tracking back.

• Site Supporter

Stelios and Michael Johansen always made their full back look so good by tracking back.

My pont exactly. On the odd occasion that Phil Brown wandered up the wing with the ball, Johansen would step into the hole at Right Back.

as someone has aready pointed out the number of times the ball comes in from the wing past our full backs is criminal.

watch villas goal on saturday.

it starts of with them having 3 layers v 2 on the left, another bolton gets there, shortly followed by another villa player.

the ball is played to young who has as long as he wants to finish well, but where the fuck were our defenders?

from memory the 3 were ricketts lcy and muamba.

• Moderators

My pont exactly. On the odd occasion that Phil Brown wandered up the wing with the ball, Johansen would step into the hole at Right Back.

pedantic but they never played together

I think Nicky Hunt is better than all the full backs we have

18 games on loan at Derby, dunno how he's playing, Derby are doing w?nk, but he seems to be ever present down there

18 games on loan at Derby, dunno how he's playing, Derby are doing w?nk, but he seems to be ever present down there

Started well

got injured

lost his place to Dean Leacock for a few games

Leacock was injured yesterday so Hunt recalled, got beat 3-1 and subbed off after 53 minutes.

He has impressed thoguh

• Site Supporter

just looked on Wikepedia and you are indeed correct. Brown 88-94, Johansen 96-2000. Must be an age thing. I'm now trying to work out who tracked back to allow Browny a free stroll up the line. Can't possibly have been David Lee!

• Site Supporter

shit happens when you play with to wide men who have no intrest in defending...

Guest Frandsen08

right say we do sell him(and i dont think we should)

who do you bring in?

who could we attract whos good enough to take us forward, and say we do get ?15 million for him, is the board going to let us spend it all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.