Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Inter racial racism (?) By Samuel L Jackson who appears to have a massive chip on his shoulder

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/08/samuel-l-jackson-criticises-casting-of-black-british-actors-in-american-films?CMP=fb_gu

Ok maybe not racism bit still, fuck off mate, brits play yanks all the time, rarely the other way round either

Ie the best actor got the job

“There are a lot of black British actors in these movies,” Jackson said. “I tend to wonder what that movie [Get Out] would have been with an American brother who really feels that.

It's called acting, Samuel

Edited by madthatter

tumblr_mp66poWKzy1ra6i1zo6_r1_250.gif

If he didn't refrain from using such obscenities toward me in real life I'd be forced to thrash him.

I don't know what the big deal is, he's an artist voicing an opinion on his chosen art...I'll bet the British actors, if they're pleased with their performances, couldn't give less of a fuck.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Aye, I was hoping they would go down the origins of the alien and those engineer folk route but it does look like they're going more 'creature feature'.

That bit of all the dead bodies looked interesting though . . .

There's supposed to be two more Prometheus films to complete the "origin" story.

There's supposed to be two more Prometheus films to complete the "origin" story.

Well definitely one more after AC but I don't think any after that have been confirmed - other than ALIEN 5 which is Bloemkamp's, not Ridley's baby.

My guess is they're waiting to see how how AC does before committing although I read t'other day that production for AC2 will start next year - script etc done!

I read yesterday that the engineer folk didn't make the xeno - which is intriguing!  If it turns out to be the robot though I'll be pissed!

Went watching Kong at cinema, it was worth splashing the cash to do that rather than on the box.

Couple of hours raced by, few dull moments and just about got away with it

7/10

Edited by clown

Imperium - about an FBI agent who infiltrates skin heads in the US to stop a terrorist plot. Got Daniel Radcliffe as the lead. He does a stellar job as a member of the far far right. Clocks in at just under 2hrs but kept me gripped throughout. 9/10.

Logan was very good last night.

Patrick Stewart was excellent as was they girl they cast as X-23

I finally watched this last night.

Excellent movie. Probably my favourite X-Men movie to date.

There was definitely a lot of dust getting in my eyes though watching Patrick Stewart's performance.

Collateral Beauty. 9.5/10.

If you enjoyed Will Smith in Seven Pounds then you will like this. Many heavyweight actors contribute to a decent plot that does not end the way I expected.

PS. Wifey is still in tears 30 mins after the end!

Edited by bgoefc