Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 1 Bolton 3

Guest bwfcdan

Robbo was fine today, Moses always plays well against us for some reason, no final ball though. Wheater was excellent, Eagles played well but Wigan were awful defensively so jury still out on him. Decent turnout from Bolton fans but Bouncy Bouncy songs can fcuk right off

you're in a world of your own

lack of ability my arse

big shout for him and for eagles

aye, wigan are second division at best, but he was way too good for them

He's a no nonsense centre half and I like that. He's plenty good enough for bolton.

he'll never be as good as Cahill though

Back home very happy

Wheater was excellent, he is slow and will get caught for pace at times but he reads it well and his distribution today was excellent, lack of ability my arse

Eagles was also excellent; his ability again isn't in doubt but I do have concerns over his strength and consistency over a season at this level. Best game in a Bolton shirt today though

N'gog worked tirelessly, I like him alot

Robbo did alreet; he knew he was beaten for pace so when he could he oft pushed Moses inside where the threat wad neutralised; good as he could

Boyars pretty solid

Cahill was average; di santo bullied him at times

NRC and Pratley did alot of running but their positioning is questionable for me and Pratley's headless chicken act leaves us open to runners too often

Petrov wasn't bad really, nowt special

Kevin Davies was below average again not even considering the penalty miss; he's really gone for me. I can see OC's thinking in keeping him on whilst we're one up and taking N'gog off for klasnic but I still dong agree with it

We were much more penetrative today, but look like conceding alot still

Overall a well deserved win and good away performance, but they were shite; we are along way off getting where we need just yet

Not a clue who their number 2 was but fucking hell, we crucify both our regular fullbacks but they are twice the player he was. I was gutted he didn't come back out second half.

Thats that el gonorrea bloke or whatever hes called isnt it? He made Robbo look like Maldini :D

• Site Supporter

WIGAN DOMINATED TODAY

http://news.bbc.co.u...em/15226200.stm

We had 56% possesion but they dominated.

;

According to that the stats were:

54% posession 46%

9 attempts on 11

4 attempts off 3

5 corners 4

16 fouls 14

opta stats on sky text

54% posession 46%

2 attempts on 10

7attempts off 3

0 blocked shots 0

5 corners 4

17 fouls 17

How can they be so different?

No blocked shots? Wheater blocked about 5 or 6!

Just back & happy. Can even watch MOTD & look at the Sunday papers again now.

Wheater was M-O-M for me, defensively rock solid & surprisingly good on the ball.

+ all our goals were well taken.

Eagles made the first goal, took his goal really well & showed some excellent touches, but sometimes looks clueless. I'm still not sure about him against stronger opposition.

Ngog also took his goal well, but i thought Kevin Davies caused them more problems throughout the game & also did more to help out defensively.

I'm not going overboard 'cos on that showing anyone finishing below Wiggin is going down -that's their problem- but hopefully this will stop the rot & be the first step to recovery for us.

Wheater was outstanding as was Eagles, really impressive,

Pratley does get caught out of position at times but he'll learn

Other than the miss, SKD looked better than recent times. N'Gog looks promising. Boyata is a great prospect.

Robbo wasn't great again but Petrov was shocking, he shirked tackles and generally produced little.

• Site Supporter

It seemed to me that wigan had a game plan when playing against Kevin Davies; fall on the floor and go for the ref seeing a foul on them. A little lad sat behind me today correctly pointed out that KD got a hat trick today; 3 fouls on him actually given by the ref.

I'm happy for Coyle tonight.

Firstly, 3 of his new signings scored! Eagles was brilliant and Ngog showed he can score if he's fed properly to feet!

Secondly, his after match interviews (BBC, SKY) thanking the fans and saying how proud he is to be in charge (for the whole town) were brilliant.

Owen has had a lot of criticism on here the last few weeks and most of it is probably justified but he's capable of the job as long as we are not playing teams way out of our league(player price range)... which the elite most certainly are!

Edited by Arnold Jackson

Just watched on football first. Jussi had no chance with Wigan's goal and wasn't on his knees until the ball was behind him and in the net.

Sign of age; can't even get to his knees that quickly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.