Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Villa 2

• Site Supporter

Ask Coventry, Leeds, Sheff U, Sheff W, Bradford, Derby, Southampton, Portsmouth, Burnley, Middlesbrough, West ham, Ipswich, Swindon Town, Reading,

Have I forgotten anyone?

There's also plenty bounced back up though, including us.

We can all have opinions and guesses... my guess is that we do and sadly that's what football has become now.

So Einstein whilst your having guesses... have a guess who in your opinion has the highest wage bill in the Premiership and tell me where they are?

Maybe while you are at it have another guess at the top 5 wage bills and tell me where they are.

Premier League football is all about the money... anyone blaming the manager week after week is silly!

I'll tell you 3 who have lower than us - Norwich, Swansea and QPR - each and every one totally pissing all over us.

Coyle's tactically inept and once his 'positivity', mantra wore thin at the back end of last season it's clear he has no idea of how to set a team up not to lose a game of football. He's obsessed with fancy-dan, soft arse ball players who are great when it's all going well but useless when you need a bit of bottle and willingness to put a foot in for the team. His team selections are more baffling by the week and, apart from Holden, his transfer policy has been an absolute disaster, leaving us with an unbalanced squad full of bone idle lightweights and tossers like Pratley who will never be a Prem standard footballer. He did well with the first couple of loan signings (Wilshere and Sturridge) but it's gone to rat-shit this time, Boyata and Kakuta are abysmal. Why he was allowed to waste a wage on a new contract for Robbie Blake and offer one to Gardner when he'd been let go and failed a medical elsewhere only Gartside knows.

I've heard all the stuff about us not being able to afford to sack him, but Coyle will take us down, will not bring us back and I fear we will not see Premier League football at the Reebok for a long time to come. The rot was setting in a long time ago - we went from Xmas to the end of last season without winning a game away - Wembley only confirmed the fears that Coyle was naive in his thinking and his inability or lack of will to learn lessons from that debacle have meant it's been downhill all the way since.

Coyle's tactically inept and once his 'positivity', mantra wore thin at the back end of last season it's clear he has no idea of how to set a team up not to lose a game of football. He's obsessed with fancy-dan, soft arse ball players who are great when it's all going well but useless when you need a bit of bottle and willingness to put a foot in for the team. His team selections are more baffling by the week and, apart from Holden, his transfer policy has been an absolute disaster, leaving us with an unbalanced squad full of bone idle lightweights and tossers like Pratley who will never be a Prem standard footballer. He did well with the first couple of loan signings (Wilshere and Sturridge) but it's gone to rat-shit this time, Boyata and Kakuta are abysmal. Why he was allowed to waste a wage on a new contract for Robbie Blake and offer one to Gardner when he'd been let go and failed a medical elsewhere only Gartside knows.

I've heard all the stuff about us not being able to afford to sack him, but Coyle will take us down, will not bring us back and I fear we will not see Premier League football at the Reebok for a long time to come. The rot was setting in a long time ago - we went from Xmas to the end of last season without winning a game away - Wembley only confirmed the fears that Coyle was naive in his thinking and his inability or lack of will to learn lessons from that debacle have meant it's been downhill all the way since.

Not a lot to argue with there........sadly :pardon:

• Site Supporter

I'd like to take issue with all of that.

But I can't take issue with any of it.

Blame Coyle, blame the lack of investment, blame whatever you will...

The plain and simple facts are we need change, Coyle or Garty need to realise we need to change the backroom staff if we're going to stick with Coyle.

He can motivate, we've seen that, but Wtf is going on behind the scenes? Time to make hard decisions, either get a decent coach in or get rid of the management who can't have the balls to make the hard choices.

We weren't that bad first half, if we'd taken our chances early doors, it'd be a different game & different conversation we'd be having now.

As the game went on & we were in the shit, after getting the goal back, the confident Coyle of last year would have gone for it...... however, he shit it, 'cos he's feeling the pressure.

As for our support, we're shit, we've already resigned to relegation? It's not acceptable & I was guilty also of the apathy, however I didn't leave early like mates I've known since the shitty days that did. When those that were there when it was bloody awful start leaving... there's a bloody serious issue.

I'm worried, seriously bloody worried, changes are needed, if Coyle can't see it & make the hard decisions needed to sort it out, then he can pay with his own job.

End of tether.

Panic button out & being pressed.

Show me & you there's a problem & you're doing something about it...... or Fook right off, simples

Blame Coyle, blame the lack of investment, blame whatever you will...

The plain and simple facts are we need change, Coyle or Garty need to realise we need to change the backroom staff if we're going to stick with Coyle.

He can motivate, we've seen that, but Wtf is going on behind the scenes? Time to make hard decisions, either get a decent coach in or get rid of the management who can't have the balls to make the hard choices.

We weren't that bad first half, if we'd taken our chances early doors, it'd be a different game & different conversation we'd be having now.

As the game went on & we were in the shit, after getting the goal back, the confident Coyle of last year would have gone for it...... however, he shit it, 'cos he's feeling the pressure.

As for our support, we're shit, we've already resigned to relegation? It's not acceptable & I was guilty also of the apathy, however I didn't leave early like mates I've known since the shitty days that did. When those that were there when it was bloody awful start leaving... there's a bloody serious issue.

I'm worried, seriously bloody worried, changes are needed, if Coyle can't see it & make the hard decisions needed to sort it out, then he can pay with his own job.

End of tether.

Panic button out & being pressed.

Show me & you there's a problem & you're doing something about it...... or Fook right off, simples

:blink: Seriously?

I think its about as bad and definitely the most unorganised half of football I have ever seen. Villa weren't even good but they had the freedom of the pitch. If Bent was on form, Gabby played like he can do, or any in form team were playing against us then it would have got embarrassing.

I went with my Villa supporting housemate and as soon as I saw the teamsheet I told him that there was no doubt what so ever they would win, even though they aren't playing very well either. Their midfield was there for the taking today but Coyle is far too clueless to take advantage of it.

I spent most of the game laughing at how comical we are, i've gone beyond being annoyed!

There is only 1 way we have a chance of staying up and that is if Coyle goes now, I don't care who takes over, anybody would have a better record than 17 defeats in 20 matches, I 100% believe that even I would have a better record than that and I'll do it for a tenth of the money :pardon:

I stick by my comment. IF we'd taken our early chances it would be a different conversation. Problem is, we're struggling to take them chances.

They had few chances, difference is they took them, if you can't see that & got blinkered by the scoreline, then fair enough

I can honestly only think of the Eagles free kick, and then the Davies header but we were 2-0 down by then.

If on the other hand petrov would have scored when it was easier to do, or Bent would have slotted like he usually does instead of shooting straight at Jussi then we would have been 4-0 down before we had these so called chances.

Add to that another 1 on 1 for them in the 2nd half and another chance for Bent that was going in but for a last minute deflection off Cahill then I would say we were fucking lucky to keep it to 2-1 as it could easily have been 6!

After today's display, I can genuinely say we will not miss Cahill. He was out of position for the first goal (leaving Knight and Robinson marking three players). The second goal deflected off his arse (not much he can do about that though) and he nearly gifted them a goal with his first touch of the game.

Say what you want about Knight (and people do, whether they should or not) but he didn't put a foot wrong today. Cahill's head is already at Chelsea.

Well aren't you just the ray of sunshine we all need, if you get the chance, watch the game again, then read your comment back to yourself

Just watched it... just re-read it... stand EXACTLY by what I said. And it's not the first time this season.

Yes he's a quality centre half, and he does show it every now and then, but the berating people give to Knight and the "my God we'll miss Cahill" people seem to be on, it's very very misplaced.

If we can take ANY positive out of today (and good Lord I'm clutching at straws here) but I do recall for one of Villa's corners we kept one man upfront rather than having our full 11 back in our box. But if thats the only positive then that tells the story.

Was I dreaming it, or did the ref give a foul throw against Boyata for stepping on the pitch while taking the throw? Not rocket science is it? Not been too impressed with this lads attitude so far. Strolls around and just doesn't seem arsed. I'd rather have Riley there from what I've seen of him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.