Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Stone Roses - Heaton Park

Pablo

• Moderators

Well I thought it were ace

Good tips from smiley re: wristbands and that shuttle service, the whole day went surprisingly well

Beer queues were fine early doors, didn't bother after about 7.30 though

Even enjoyed professor green!

Followed tips on here; worked out brilliantly

Golden circle was excellent, not a busy as I thought it would be and we were pretty close to the front

Shuttle bus back was easy out of gate 5 and we didn't rush either. Houghton we did queue for 5 mins for what we thought was a bus and it was a static one selling more tickets - doh!

Even queues for beer weren't too bad; i've never drunk so much strongbow

Dunno who he first bit was but she was awreet.

Professor Green was a bit wanky but his samples had good bass lines. Was funny when he asked that bloke why he was making wanker signs at him; cue half the crowd join in giving him shit until he says he was personally asked by Ian Brown to do the gig....I think he was a bit intimidated!

The Wailers were good for a sing song and a dance

Beady eye; meh. What aims it up is that whilst they were on he queue for the bar was at its longest!

The Roses were genuinely top notch; really held it together well and as mentioned elsewhere the light show was spectacular. Good fireworks after too

All cynicism blown away. Glad I was there

i can honestly say iam still buzzing 24 hours after the event, having been to well over 100 gigs, that was the best gig ive ever been to. john squire had that guitar talking to him, ian browns vocals wernt as bad as i thought and a damn sight better than shaun ryders a few weeks ago,i must say there were more drugs at this gig than bolton hospital,some jocks near me were absoluletly cunted.

i had to drive due to work commitments on sun morn,left tonge fold at 4-45 and parked up and outside the venue at 5-20.

left the venue at 11-00 and was parking up at home at 11-30.

that was a once in a lfetime opportunity to watch a superb band and they didnt dissapoint.

will they call it a day after these dates and leave them as a lengandary band ?

Absolutely fantastic last night. I was half expecting the gig its self to be shite but they were top notch. Managed to smuggle some booze in pretty easily and we got to the bar quickly enough and bought in bulk. If they called it a day now, they will only have suplimented their already legendary status. I hope they carry on though, cant wait to see them again.

Brady Eye were ok, just ok, funny that their two best songs were oasis, rock & roll star and morning glory

Same with Noel and his 5 "new songs" and 12 Oasis tunes......they need each other !!!!!

Guest Frandsen08

it was a good gig and brilliant to see them, the support acts could of been better but i already knew that. some bloody sites out though, got asked a few times if i was franny08 off WW's , cant remember who asked me though!!

Bollox - knew my "never go back stance" would bite me on the arse

Nah, we were right, everyone else was wrong, I'll bet it were shite really - if you took away the fug of booze and drugs...

Or, to (sort of) paraphrase Captain Rum off Blackadder...

"Opinion is divided on the subject, everyone who went said it was spectacular, I say it was a pile of wank"

That's what I've convinced myself of and I'm sticking with it :(

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Nah, we were right, everyone else was wrong, I'll bet it were shite really - if you took away the fug of booze and drugs...

Or, to (sort of) paraphrase Captain Rum off Blackadder...

"Opinion is divided on the subject, everyone who went said it was spectacular, I say it was a pile of wank"

That's what I've convinced myself of and I'm sticking with it :(

I'm with you lad. Bag o shite it was.

I'm not normally one for confrontation but you are both utterly and absofookinglutely wrong!!!!! that was amazing from start to finish, as soon as that bassline for 'i wanna be adored' kicked in right at the start i almost creamed myself there and then!!!!!!

and yes i do still feel absolutely cunted!!!!!

Edited by maje

I'm not normally one for confrontation but you are both utterly and absofookinglutely wrong!!!!! that was amazing from start to finish, as soon as that bassline for 'i wanna be adored' kicked in right at the start i almost creamed myself there and then!!!!!!

and yes i do still feel absolutely cunted!!!!!

Bit of a whoosh moment threre pal... Great pic of you & Blondie on FB by the way....

Can only echo what has been said. One of if not the best gig I've ever been.

Bit of a whoosh moment threre pal... Great pic of you & Blondie on FB by the way....

Can only echo what has been said. One of if not the best gig I've ever been.

is this formely henry lloyd, its took me a while to work this out so please say i'm right???