Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Could Do Better Than Oc?

worthy10

• Moderators

Just before I head off to the bathroom to gargle with bleach, I wanna throw in Ole Gunnnar Solsjaer into the ring.

That is all.

you'd have to wait - he turned villa down in the summer to see out his contract at molde as he's nice and settled there

next

• Members

Been contemplating this all day since reading a particular name early this morning, and I am warming to the idea.

Mick McCarthy. Proven Championship level competitor. Would shake any good guy induced lethargy out of the playing staff, that's for sure and fcuking certain.

Rough bastard like we are. Just think he'd fit - certainly until such time as we were promoted and giving him the best chance of success right now with the parachute payments etc.

Yorkshireman with Celtic connections wouldn't normally be high on my list of potential applicants but needs must and he strikes me as a proper job (Job, not nob) jockey.

Edited by bolty58

Guest Frandsen08

if OC gets the boot i think you'll be right bolty.

and i think he would do a cracking job.

Saying that we could win our next three games and we'll be back to winning the bloody league again!

I'd rather have someone in charge, who has managed to get a team out of the championship, rather than someone who hasnt.

Im not saying that coyle is the man for us, but he's alot better than some other names mentioned.

Think its time we realised we arent a big club. We will get relegated and promoted and we are playimg at our "level" at the moment

That taking sense is going to get you nowhere

see, nobody thinks we going to get guardiola

you do your best to make it seem theres no middle ground between souness and guardiola

There's plenty of middle ground that I would be happy with and that I think would realistically be interested.

I also have no doubt that with the resources this club has the majority of new managers that could join will be in the position of having a large amount of fans wanting them out within two seasons, whether they get us back to the Prem or not. It's a long shot we'll find an Allardyce again.

Watched the dreadful performance in a bar on holiday. Mick McCarthy and Jason McAteer were covering the game for ALJ TV - both were shocked at how poor we were and thought there would be a second half reaction. McCarthy basically said that we needed to batter Burnley - win the fight, then the game. He also implied that Mark Davies had had his head turned by Swansea..........for me our worst player. And McCarthy would get us promoted

Like others, I thought Knight had a very good game

I agree Mick McCarthy would be a good replacement, but who, out of our current squad would he put in to 'get stuck in and start knocking them about' like we used to ?

Think modern-day Pollock, mad Ged Taggart, SJM, SKD (in his pomp) .

So Coyle's marshmallow squad rolled over & died on Saturday - yet again.

And still, in his post-match comments, Coyle says "In this league there is a real appetite and work-rate and we have to ensure we match that and play to our maximum."

The man is from another planet, I tell thee.

• Site Supporter

You need help.

Anyhow, as a founder member of the Get Mick Gang, I shall be getting merchandise sorted ready for Fridays game.

PM me for details on Tshirt sizing and personalised lettering on the back

Will pitchforks be available? What about flaming torches?

You need help.

Anyhow, as a founder member of the Get Mick Gang, I shall be getting merchandise sorted ready for Fridays game.

PM me for details on Tshirt sizing and personalised lettering on the back

Will pitchforks be available? What about flaming torches?

apologies.

i fully accept comments are totally inappropriate but he could do the job and thats who id prefer to see stood on the touchline rather than coyle or any other available manager at this time.

millwall were going nowhere when rioch managed them

blackpool sacked allardyce

all we want from any new fella is to get us promoted

aye, promoted cos yon fella got us relegated

Exacertally, which is where the Back Big Mick Campaign is pitching itself. Let's worry about this season.