Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Cardiff 1

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Really strange selection tonight, amazed at the omission of Petrov and Spearing.

Both teams cancelled each other out first half, although we dominated midfield possession (which is ultimately irrelevant).

Ngog showed tonight that he can really offer us something.

I'm glad Mears was dropped, he can fuck off for me.

Great fireworks on the way in, but better fireworks in the second half.

You have a point, up to a point, now this where I get fucked off, if every player put in as much effort as KD then we wouldnt be in this fucking league, yes he is past it, but Anelka was in it for the window we offered him, Gudjhonssen was a lame fat fuck when he arrived Todd sorted him out, we have had almost 9 years of good service from KD, show some respect you fucking muppet

I rarely post on this forum but felt compelled to call jayjay a idiot

Fuck off you southern fuckwit. How dare I have a go at the great man. Emma Davies rent boys. Im just sayin thanks for the the graft but times time! He was never any good. If hes a legend weve watched some shite. Its an insult to the class weve seen.

Fuck off you southern fuckwit. How dare I have a go at the great man. Emma Davies rent boys. Im just sayin thanks for the the graft but times time! He was never any good. If hes a legend weve watched some shite. Its an insult to the class weve seen.

With every post you're strengthening your position as a prize idiot.

JSL

the view from the AHM is that he had to play davies to prove a point

he let him dig his own grave which was very bright

ngog would rip this division a new arse playing like that regularly

re the selection - he seemed to want solidity and he sees taht as coming from the big lads

shame spearing is a dwarf - hope he still has a part to play as i've liked him

as for right back, DF is clearly just a reputation man cos mears is a decent player and unfairly singled out for criticism

similarly, his selection of mark davies, cos everybody knows he's a fat waster with an attitude

I love your sarcasm, it tickles me every time :D

1) You should have introduced yourself to the London Whites who were in there

2) Think you've got til 1ish to get to Twyford from Paddington

Now that's a blast from the past!! If you've got young 'uns are they going to Collerton or Polehampton? Ask around, I'm sure there's still a few who remember the first & original Twyford whites!! ;)

Meh, Meh, Meh, Na...

Der, Der, De De, Da...

Meh, Meh, Meh, Na...

Der, Der, de Da!!

Thought we comtrolled the game today, second half in particular.

We need to get players in the box when we get the ball out wide, so many wasted crosses by players hanging at edge of box or supporting the player out wide.

Looked much better and more organised.

Feeling confident for the rest of the season, massive result today. This month will make or break our season.

P.S. Still unbeaten in Dublin, might get a flight over here for every game....

P.P.S. Has this jayjay been outed yet, my guess is a Blackpool fan.

First half we were shite. Davies has had better games, and it looked to me like our full backs were scared stiff of getting forward and giving other players an option.

Very encouraging though that we picked up after half time. Very rarely saw that under Coyle. Hopefully Freedman gave them a right bollocking at half time. Looks very much like he has told Knight to show more composure and to stop hoofing it forward. Mills and Knight are without doubt our strongest partnership at the back.

Looks like N'gog is no longer scred shitless of shooting either.

That ref pissed me off though. How many times did he get in the way of the play?! Players having to run round him or wait for him to move before they played a pass!

I wouldn't want to have to sit through the first half again, but in a way I was impressed by it.

Freedman basically sent them out as though we were any other lower Championship side facing the top of the league, which is exactly what we are. There was preseason talk of walking the league, and constant talk of us being a Premier League side etc - we are where we are on form and we have to earn the right to play.

We spoiled in the first half, and would have taken a draw in at half time were it not for some sleepy defending and what looked an error from Bogdan.

Second half was a better show, the manager made changes to win it and we did - job done. Cardiff are a good side, but we ground the game out for long enough that they couldn't impose any quality and we then imposed ours. We then shut up shop and made sure we got three points.

I was muttering after the first half, but the approach was right I think.

• Site Supporter

Looks like I am the only one who will give Andrews any credit. I am surprised Spearing was dropped and I agree he has been good for us this season. We discussed at length during and post game how Dougie looks to set his sides up, protection in front of the defence, and Andrews did this. He certainly wasn't spectacular and maybe spearing will come in and do it better, but it looked pretty clear to us Andrews had been told to sit there, protect, break up play and give it simple and he did this and enabled us to look better than we have done all season at the back. Granted, the 4 guys across the back 4 did a good job, but with Andrews and Davies sat in front and not being kamikaze it certainly provides more protection. Attacking wise you could see Dougie was frustrated, we were sat right behind him WSL and it was clear he wanted us to break quicker and with more purpose, but with Pratley and SKD it just wasn't happening. Made great changes in second half, which won us the game. Great first game for the new management team

I also thought Andrews did a job

I'm not buying that the 1st half was purposely dour and strategic; we just couldn't pass

It's no good cementing the back only to give the ball away again

And the post that said we dominated 1st half possession; well we had 47% I'm afraid

Thst said, it's a learning curve and being disjointed wasn't that much of a surprise and as I've said before, he'll learn from that as much as he will from the 2nd half AND it cost us nowt, so all positive

One warning from me however: I've been backing N'gog for ages; Mavies was good; Knight was very good......but they need to do it again and again now

Swap pratley for spearing and play mavies as the midfielder pushing on,spearing and Andrews more holding.

Based on twenty minutes yesterday ngog takes the forward role.

All of a sudden team has a solid look to it.

We played top of league yesterday, they scored a lucky goal that went through two players legs. It has been said all season that if we let two goals a game it makes it hard to win games so the starting point has to be conceding less. Once that is sorted look up front.

I can not see a solid formation that include cyl, petrol, mavies AND ngog.