Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough 5 Bolton Wanderers 4

miamiwhite

• Moderators

Got home and watched MOTD, Reading defending as a unit, disciplined, closing down, working. It's a fucking million miles, our stuff is closer to pub league football.

It was a million miles from their home game v arsenal last Monday as well, they were shockingly bad that night at defending

The only thing that matters though, where were Reading going into Christmas last year?

Possibly, we couldn't see.

Not at fault for 1 and 2, kept us in the game. Bogdan is the least of our problems.

The corner for the fifth wasn't Bogdan's fault etc.

Correct, I'm not his biggest fan, but had it not been for Boggers we would have been 4 down before half time

Thought the lack of interest the players showed was disgusting. However fair play to Peterborough for achieving something i don't think we have done all season, back to back wins.

Can't see much coming of this season now other than time for Dougie to bring in this style of retention football, which certainly wasn't on display yesterday. Long ball after long ball up to Davies again. Again this was the easy option for low confidence defenders with midfielders that weren't showing for them.

I wouldn't want to be paying a fee for Warnock, days of paying millions for ageing full backs/defenders has to be over and he dives in way to much. Believe Riley should get a run of games now on the right hand side as we don't have anything to lose.

Scoreline flattered us yesterday, never felt in the game and Peterborough deserved a bigger winning margin.

No I dont. I'm saying he hasn't had the impact I hoped for. For instance he hasn't had the impact MM has had at Ipswich so far.

FFS, Is it unreasonable to hope that a change of manager will have a positive effect on a struggling club. Change of management style, tactics, training, etc?? He's had 10 games and I hoped he could at least organise the defence so we don't concede like we did under OC.

I ain't some delude kid screaming for his head and ill back him as long as hes our manager. I just a new manager coming in would have resulted in a change of fortunes quite quickly (what with this so called premiership quality squad we have).

Seems a reasonable view to me. But not one you're allowed on here without being accused of being in the bed sheet brigade.

Bogdan is fucking shite

hmm

He's improving and makes some great saves

But

He doesn't inspire confidence

That said, it can't be easy with the colander-like defence in front of him

Might listen to you if you elaborate on why its bollocks .

DF has set his stall out to play in a certain way and we keep getting told these players are plenty good enough well surely they can let a league one team have the ball in their half and then press them as they get higher up the pitch?! It's fuck all to do with the manager IMO it's about application these players have been shit under 2 of our managers some 3 it's about application time and time and time again - 3 goals in first 5 of both halves freedman needs time we very much at rip it up and start again time with the squad judge him after at least 2 transfer windows I get the feeling he's biting his lip as he needs players in short term I think he can't wait to say I need to ship half of this shower before can move fwd

Guest bwfcdan

Been a right good laugh this weekend! Couple of good nights out!

For those interested, 964 Whites at P'boro yesterday. Not ITK, it's on Posh official site :D