Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Weddings Abroad

Piemon

i will be getting Married in May/Jun next year and am doing it abroad then having a night do over here (which is already sorted) to a point.

i Used to be a travel agent so i no the ins and outs of packages etc etc.

Any advice on places to get wed or any avoids at all costs etc.

Probably looking at something far away rather than europe.,

Cheers in advance :)

• Members

I got married at St George's chapel in Paphos, Cyprus. The marriage didn't really work out but it was still a brilliant day. The restaurant we hired out for the day and night was also absolutely top-notch.

There were about 30 friends and family there too and everyone seemed to be in agreement it was fab.

I'd thoroughly recommend it as a place to get wed.

Was looking at getting married in Goa next year. Now having a kid instead.

Good catholic morals.

It looked like a pain in the arse to get it done legally over there. Google where it's legal to get married as a foreigner before you pick a destination.

I got married at St George's chapel in Paphos, Cyprus. The marriage didn't really work out but it was still a brilliant day. The restaurant we hired out for the day and night was also absolutely top-notch.

There were about 30 friends and family there too and everyone seemed to be in agreement it was fab.

He's reet

I know you said no to Europe, but I went to a wedding in Lake Garda in Italy( the car chase at the start of Quantum of Solace was filmed around it) was well planned and a really nice setting, so much that if I even got married it it's something I would be thinking of doing.

I know you said no to Europe, but I went to a wedding in Lake Garda in Italy( the car chase at the start of Quantum of Solace was filmed around it) was well planned and a really nice setting, so much that if I even got married it it's something I would be thinking of doing.

I bet that's a romantic place to get wed, I bet it's a fair price too.

Shame I'll not be bothering again.

Got married in Vegas, About 30 guests also came out with us as they treated it as a holiday too.....We booked a table in the HardRock cafe for the wedding breakfast, brilliant time had by all!

Sounds fucking horrific, sorry.

Can't believe nobody's said Penny Flash.

That's the first place she will be going once I've boxed off her life insurance :)

Fancy Mexico or paphos as a few people have said its decent. Originally wanted Jamaica but heard a few things and probably will swerve there.

• Site Supporter

been there to a wedding, would agree absolutely fantastic spot for it.

That's the first place she will be going once I've boxed off her life insurance :)

Fancy Mexico or paphos as a few people have said its decent. Originally wanted Jamaica but heard a few things and probably will swerve there.

Went to Mexico on honeymoon lots getting wed there. You have to go through a lot of red tape this includes having blood tests.

Looked like a pain to be honest.

For away from Europe, Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places I've been

Went to Wailea on Maui as part of my honeymoon; it's my favourite place on earth. Simply stunning

Mate of mine was married by a hippy goddess type in Ibiza a few years ago; we went out for a few days on the piss first of all and then they had an absolutely beautiful ceremony in the gardens of a lovely villa. It was an amazing do. Highly recommended