Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bargain Buys Corner (Incorporating 'the Daily Scutter').

Youri McAnespie

The line about Aldi fruit and veg being the best always gets trotted lout but IMO it's just not true.

Of the Bolton supermarkets Sainsburys f & v is streets ahead but you will probably get better at half the price at Bolton Market.

Actually, much of the fruit & Veg in Sainsburys and Aldi are from the exact same supplier, even same packaging at times. Just that tiny difference of over half the cost.

Just an example Sprouts at Crimbo, exact same bag. 3 times more in one shop....guess which one ??!!

Aldi is okay for fruit and veg but it doesn't seem to last as long as the main stream stuff but if you get it eaten in a few days that doesn't really matter.

They also do fantastic sloced smoked salmon for £2.99 which is £4.50 for the same amount at Tosco.

That'll be because it's not shrink wrapped in nitrogen.

The last time I was in the Swan I was quite relieved when a mate got in a bit of silly bother with uncouth gent in a bodywarmer and we were all unceremoniously slung out. :) There was a quite a large girl who wouldn't take no for an answer and was being quite persistant (I was 'with' someone at the time, and relatively sober otherwise I might have taken her offer up). Anyhow, I felt like (though not resembled) Kenneth Williams in Carry On Nurse.

Edited by Youri McAnespie