Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bucket Shakers

matty2094

There's no rivalry with Bury. If you think there is, you're buying into their nonsense.

Maybe.

.. but if we were to draw them in the cup next season I'd find losing to them harder to stomach than losing to anyone else.

Maybe.

.. but if we were to draw them in the cup next season I'd find losing to them harder to stomach than losing to anyone else.

Not nice losing to them, but the disappointment quickly faded last time around, whereas they're still dining out on it. In fact, they should probably try and see where all their fans have fucked off to considering their current crowds are barely half of what they brought to us last time.

• Moderators

There's no rivalry with Bury. If you think there is, you're buying into their nonsense.

i generally think you're on the mark, but you're wrong on this one

i don't give a fcuk about wigan

a little bit more about blackburn

I've said this before but worth repeating. Bolton didn't play Bury at all from 68-85 and during that time Bolton fans did not look upon Bury with any real dislike. It was only in 85 when we'd sunk enough to have to play them that we realised how much they hated us. Over time, and with several embarrassing defeats at Burnden, we began to reciprocate. However we've played them on only a handful of occasions since 1992. As such, most fans of recent vintage don't seem to view Bury as rivals. So ... are Bury actually rivals? Depends who you ask and when they started supporting Bolton. Personally?? Wouldn't bat an eyelid if they went bust. Goodbye, good riddance.

I've said this before but worth repeating. Bolton didn't play Bury at all from 68-85 and during that time Bolton fans did not look upon Bury with any real dislike. It was only in 85 when we'd sunk enough to have to play them that we realised how much they hated us. Over time, and with several embarrassing defeats at Burnden, we began to reciprocate. However we've played them on only a handful of occasions since 1992. As such, most fans of recent vintage don't seem to view Bury as rivals. So ... are Bury actually rivals? Depends who you ask and when they started supporting Bolton. Personally?? Wouldn't bat an eyelid if they went bust. Goodbye, good riddance.

fair comment,local teams move up and down the leagues but for me there is more a rivarly with these than united. Total cringworthy when bolton fans call united rivals imo.

• Moderators

Aye, that's about it for me

I've seen us play Wigan far more than bury, went sixth form there so knew some fans and once got abuse walking down relatives from wigans street when was wearing my Bolton top - I like to have one other them and don't like it vice versa

Never met a bury fan, I know they hate us, they just don't register for me

Can imagine if there was a story on utd ways at some point about Bolton going bust, there'd be a similar discussion on there, I hated them when I was young and white love told me to, but now, until a day on which we play them, I don't let them bother me

City's a different matter, but I've lived in manc a while and known a few (mostly all cunts) and till recently we "competed" with them, but that's rivalry on a personal level

In summary

It's up to you

A city mate goes watching bury. There today and said they have locked out a load of Oldham out as they have filled the allocation.

20 quid a ticket and Oldham turned up en masse as they had been told they could.

Tools.

Fuck em.

500-700 turned away at £20 a ticket you do the maths bury,wankers

Brilliant. I heard off a bucket shaker at work that their chairman was flogging ties and pin badges in the players lounge after their last game. That should see the club right.

More tin pot than Blackpool if that's possible.