Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

Did he win the fight? Yes, just. Did he do himself any favours? No. This has massively backfired on him. I get shit fighters doing these cross over fights as the money is to good to turn down. Fury doesn’t fall into that category. Personally I think he was 4 weeks into a 12 week camp and was using this as a glorified spar. 

• Members

Absolute farce of a result.

What staggered me was the other bloke admitting he came up a bit short. Did he fuck. He should've been awarded the fight comfortably.

It's as if it had already been decided before the fight who would win...

• Members
50 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Absolute farce of a result.

What staggered me was the other bloke admitting he came up a bit short. Did he fuck. He should've been awarded the fight comfortably.

It's as if it had already been decided before the fight who would win...

Nah, there's no conspiracy

Fury won the fight

Unimpressively, but still

4 hours ago, royal white said:

Did he win the fight? Yes, just. Did he do himself any favours? No. This has massively backfired on him. I get shit fighters doing these cross over fights as the money is to good to turn down. Fury doesn’t fall into that category. Personally I think he was 4 weeks into a 12 week camp and was using this as a glorified spar. 

Aye thats where Im at. And made himself about half a billy in the meantime.

He was never going to go full throttle with probably the hardest technical fight of his career a couple of months away.

Whole thing has just been ridiculous.

The whole Fury roadshow needs to fuck off for now and come back in December and get back to cementing his legacy.

As it stands hes miles away from one imo.

The heavyweight category is a bit of a joke these days. Don't want to be a grumpy old twat about it but I guess I've been spoilt by some proper rivalries between class fighters in the past. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be good but the circus is ruining it.

Watched Fury chatting with Mike Tyson in the build up and dwarfing him and talking in a slightly patronising manner - which is annoying as Iron Mike at his peak would have brought him to his knees and bitten his ear off in the first round.

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

The heavyweight category is a bit of a joke these days. Don't want to be a grumpy old twat about it but I guess I've been spoilt by some proper rivalries between class fighters in the past. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be good but the circus is ruining it.

Watched Fury chatting with Mike Tyson in the build up and dwarfing him and talking in a slightly patronising manner - which is annoying as Iron Mike at his peak would have brought him to his knees and bitten his ear off in the first round.

Which top fighter did Mike tyson fight and beat in their peak? 

Edited by royal white

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Which top fighter did Mike tyson fight and beat in their peak? 

Didn't say he did. I said he'd deck Fury. (Holmes and Spinks were past their peak when Tyson beat them and Lennox and Evander put him down when Tyson was past his)

The proper rivalries bit - I was thinking of the 70s with Ali, Frazier, Foreman and Norton coming through at roughly the same time.

30 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Didn't say he did. I said he'd deck Fury. (Holmes and Spinks were past their peak when Tyson beat them and Lennox and Evander put him down when Tyson was past his)

The proper rivalries bit - I was thinking of the 70s with Ali, Frazier, Foreman and Norton coming through at roughly the same time.

I know you didn’t, in my opinion TF would have played with MT and beat him comfortably 

I've lost all interest in the heavyweight scene. And that's mainly, but not solely, down to Fury. AJ turning out to be shitter than I thought. Chisora getting shots for the top belt when he didn't deserve it. Wilder fighting no-marks. Whyte disappearing off the face of the earth. Fury and Usyk avoiding each other at all costs. The Saudi influence. And the promoters seemingly unwilling to slag off the boxers and their camps for fucking about with demands and clauses.

Edited by Underpants

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It isn't now & they are still running from each other 😁

Proper pathetic innit. Whilst they all simultaneously claim "I'd knock him out next week if he wants it". Absolute circus.