Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Buy To Let

There's a house close by going for a song so I'm thinking of buying it to rent out. Are there any landlords out there who could offer any advice regarding any competitive BTL mortgage rates, Landlord contracts and things to do/not to do? I would be grateful for any advice

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Site Supporter

Anyone who is struggling to pay the rent can use Quick Quid to help pay.

We have a permission to let mortgage on our other house, but that's because we owe so little on it so the banks quite happy with that, costs me 90 a year for that.

You can get standard contracts from the post office and stuff.

I'd keep everything you do above board in case of things that can and may go wrong.

Luckily we have a decent tenant, if you havnt got anyone lined up choose a letting agent wisely if you don't want the aggro!

Good luck

Until it goes tits up.

We have no option.

We don't have enough equity in the house to make the mortgage buy to let,and we would have to put fortunes down to do so.

So it's either leave the house empty or get someone in who is aware of the situation.

Makes no odds to your insurance.

Mortgage companies aren't bothered as long as the payments keep coming in.

It's not some criminal master plan.

Our tenant gets paid off the benefit folks direct into her bank and she pays us via direct debit.Jobs a good'n.

Like Sjm said,make sure you get good people in...the last lot we had in were a fookin nightmare,took us ages to get em out and cost us about 2k to put the house back right.

the last lot we had in were a fookin nightmare,took us ages to get em out and cost us about 2k to put the house back right.

See, that's where your landlord's insurance will kick in. If it was a buy to let you could have got one of those policies out. That was what I was referring to rather than it being a scam.

See, that's where your landlord's insurance will kick in. If it was a buy to let you could have got one of those policies out. That was what I was referring to rather than it being a scam.

Fair shout.

There's a house close by going for a song so I'm thinking of buying it to rent out. Are there any landlords out there who could offer any advice regarding any competitive BTL mortgage rates, Landlord contracts and things to do/not to do? I would be grateful for any advice

I will PM you mate

We have no option.

We don't have enough equity in the house to make the mortgage buy to let,and we would have to put fortunes down to do so.

So it's either leave the house empty or get someone in who is aware of the situation.

Makes no odds to your insurance.

Mortgage companies aren't bothered as long as the payments keep coming in.

It's not some criminal master plan.

Our tenant gets paid off the benefit folks direct into her bank and she pays us via direct debit.Jobs a good'n.

Like Sjm said,make sure you get good people in...the last lot we had in were a fookin nightmare,took us ages to get em out and cost us about 2k to put the house back right.

HBAHT's

HBAHT's

The girl we have in now has a look of Borris Johnson,but is a lovely girl,clean and tidy and pays the rent without any issue at all.

The girl we had in before was mucky looking in every sense of the word and left a cracking collection of knickers in a disguarded bed side drawer when she left.

The girl we have in now has a look of Borris Johnson,but is a lovely girl,clean and tidy and pays the rent without any issue at all.

The girl we had in before was mucky looking in every sense of the word and left a cracking collection of knickers in a disguarded bed side drawer when she left.

i bet you posted them onto her pal..................................aye like fuck :thumbsup:

Did you make a broth?