Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When The Rot Started

victor meldrew

supping my large scotch watching sky sports years.

1st jan 2007 3rd in the premier league.

how the un mighty have fallen.

I remember that christmas new year period thinking "if we buy a few decent players, we are nailed on top 4". It mustve been when they were adding the good drugs to the beer in Scotts. I dont think ill ever think that thought ever again.

I remember that christmas new year period thinking "if we buy a few decent players, we are nailed on top 4". It mustve been when they were adding the good drugs to the beer in Scotts. I dont think ill ever think that thought ever again.

I don't think Swansea fans ever thought they'd be where they are now 7 years ago.

Never lose faith my friend

And fucked us up financially along the way.

How exactly, he spent hardly anything in actual fees. He was asked to take us into the premiership and keep us there with a budget given by the board. He did that and more.

If you bring a old player in for nothing and he leaves for nothing then fair do. Megson and coyle spent money on players then they left for nothing. I know which method I preferred.

When Anelka put us 1-0 up at Arsenal, we were briefly above them in fourth place. There were only four games to play after that. At home to Reading and Villa and away to Chelsea and West Ham. Will we ever come that close to the Champions League again?

It started when we sacked Ian Greaves.

Nearly the same scenario as Allardyce I'd say, big wages but Greaves had nobody to sell. Financially it fcucked us up royaly hence the supermarket etc. I'd hate to go down the route Portsmouth have gone through spending beyond our means, Premiership money is just a high percentage of the squads wages to be honest.

I don't remember allardyce signing the cheques? He had us over achieving since the day he joined the club and i'm thankful to him to have been in the presence of some great wanderers teams. I only ever felt like the rot set in when we lost that stoke semi.

How exactly, he spent hardly anything in actual fees. He was asked to take us into the premiership and keep us there with a budget given by the board. He did that and more.

If you bring a old player in for nothing and he leaves for nothing then fair do. Megson and coyle spent money on players then they left for nothing. I know which method I preferred.

BSA=hardly any fees but bloody high wages on quiet a few (cunt)

meson=signed some descent players but contracts ran down (twat of a man)

Coyle=signed 95% of shit (heart in right place but cunt of a manager)

Nearly the same scenario as Allardyce I'd say, big wages but Greaves had nobody to sell. Financially it fcucked us up royaly hence the supermarket etc. I'd hate to go down the route Portsmouth have gone through spending beyond our means, Premiership money is just a high percentage of the squads wages to be honest.

Modern top-level football's problem in a nutshell, Breightmet.

BSA=hardly any fees but bloody high wages on quiet a few (cunt)

meson=signed some descent players but contracts ran down (twat of a man)

Coyle=signed 95% of shit (heart in right place but cunt of a manager)

Don't forget the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge (for our club, anyway) signing on fees for the aging freebies.