Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Championship Sack Race

scoobydoo

No chance. It'll be uncomfortable listening at full time tomorrow of we lose, but he's going nowhere unless he walks and rightly so.

Piss poor start to the campaign, but for me, he's still in credit for where we ended up last season.

You have to do a terrible job to be sacked as Bolton manager. Look how long they put up with Coyle.

You'd be a fool not to back Lomas. The only way he was going to get on there was if he got off to a flyer and burned his West Ham shirts in the centre circle. He's done neither as far as I'm aware.

See it's decisions on football like that,that just completely baffle me.

The whole fucking world could see lomas at millwall wasn't going to work.

The fans didn't want him from the off and the bed sheets were out before he even was appointed.

Plus he's not really that good and he's ginger ugly cunt.

• Members

The fans didn't want him from the off and the bed sheets were out before he even was appointed.

On his appointment, did their chairman not say "People who know football..." ?

On his appointment, did their chairman not say "People who know football..." ?

It does have a whiff of uncomfortable familiarity about it.

Tomorrow, miserable cunts who love nothing more than seeing us lose (maybe it's an '80s nostalgia thing) will get on the players' backs as soon as Leeds score - or look to be on top in the game.

The players will start to get edgy before we finally go to pieces. We'll lose the game, then the same whingers will be on here (or other boards, forums, fuckwit networks etc) blaming nervy defending, lack of willingness to hold onto the ball etc.

It'll carry on until Dougie walks or he gets the push. He's the kind of man who will walk.

We'll then be back to square one, people will call for the return of Big Sam and we'll end up with an also-ran and relegation, selling off what we have and seeing the big earners walk out and get another club.

There, saved you several months of your life and several pages of this thread.

The way things are going, we must be planning a slow painful re-build however long it takes and at whatever level it takes. Real politik (no, not a Spanish football club).

That's the only way we'd avoid falling in to the trap of being a club who chops and changes their manager every 12-18 months (at best) with bugger all difference each time. More than confident that Dougie is the man to do the rebuild as well.

• Site Supporter

If we lose tomorrow (we won't, but if we do), I predict 3 things will happen:

1: This website will explode in a hail of misery and blood pressure that could crack a diving bell

2: Dougie will stay on as manager

3: I'll be drunk.

If we lose tomorrow (we won't, but if we do), I predict 3 things will happen:

1: This website will explode in a hail of misery and blood pressure that could crack a diving bell

2: Dougie will stay on as manager

3: I'll be drunk.

Will at least 2 of those things not happen anyway, even if we win 6:0?

When Douglas goes, we are shopping in the bargain basement for managers. We couldn't afford Keith Hill, you are looking at the likes of SKD or someone else totally unproven who fancies a go.

Dean Saunders.