Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Macron Stadium

anewman

• Moderators

As a none believer I reckon it means not a lot to me

I'm concerned you're on your rag week along with most of the blokes on here today though :)

me, im proper cool with life

suns out and its nearly friday :)

Macron have bought out the adidas deal a few months ago as well as the stadium sponsorship with it - Macron Arena next season.

Old news and who gives a fuck.

Maybe we should follow Wiggin's example and call it the ED Stadium after Eddie Davies. Won't be too long until it is known as the 'Repossesed by HMRC Stadium' anyway.

Guest Blixa

Let's be honest, Reebok was never a 'cool' brand and even in these days of old school classics the brand still isn't.

We're swapping one dull sportswear brand for another. Which is better than swapping it for plenty of other non-sports brands.

Sure the BEN (or BN) will drum up some mock outrage about it all to fill the letters page and the comments sections, but as others have said, it's pretty much nothing to get worked up about. Unless your a professional moaner, obviously. In which case, I'd start saving for the next four years in the hope you can buy the naming rights next time out and resurrect 'Burnden Park'. Or the Reebok Stadium if you love crap trainers.

It's been on the cards for a while.

It's the modern football marketing way.

We need to the money. Well, someboody does. (Who says it'll translate into more playing budget?)

It could have been oh so much worse (and might be next time around).

Anyway, it's our (the fans) fault. We should have chosen our own non-marketing name back in 1997 and left the marketeers to play their own games.

It's always the fans' fault - "turn up, stump up, shut up, and fook off if you don't like it".

• Site Supporter

I say well done to the club for giving the suicidals and menkuls on here something to sustain their whining over the summer.

Unless it's just a piece of brilliant press timing from Fartslime to cover his courtroom skulduggery?

And an Italian sportswear company? Hmmm, I bet Phil Pissgrime and Eddie KettleFace are watching the World Cup from a plush Tuscan villa this summer eh? Eh?

We could combine 3 threads here and improve the team's performances .....

Let FibreLec sponsor the stadium.

Let FibrLec make the team's shirts - this generating some much-needed player & floodlight energy during games.

Let FibrLec improve their public image.

Blu-sky thinking is what's needed from our marketeers.

Having read the thread:

1. We can now all have a macro view of things.

2. Cock & Clit is a better name and would pull the crowds in

3. Based on what I got told a couple of years ago by somebody who know far more about these things than I do... Reebok were paying next to fuck all for the rights anyway.

Guest JamesBond

In the round I think it's a good thing. Club gets some much needed cash. 

I'm surprised we can't get a deal with UniLever though, given the connections with the Town. Do we even ask them for Sponsorship or do we just wait around hoping someone will knock on the door?

Change of kit will do the club good. adidas kits have become dull and predictable and the last few kits have been quite poor. They have faded into the background and the they seem only to have one blue print which they copy for everybody else. Good Luck to Sheff Utd but I think they'll be disappointed in the long run.

I'm looking forward to a different kit manufacturer and hopefully a better style shirt.