Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pratley, Whats The Point ?

DomRepWanderer

Commentaters on Tower said at half time that Dougie could take him off without replacing him, and it would have no impact on the team, is he really that shit, or is Dougie deploying him in a false position ? to me he is shit scared of getting the ball, when he does its like wtf do I do now, I dunno, a good player turned bad by tactics, or a bad player who got lucky for a season ( Swansea).

My mate is a Swansea fan and he was gutted when he came to us. Probably the main difference is if you're playing in a well organised team where each player is placed according to his strengths then you can look very good indeed without being a world beater. I'd argue that the same was true for a lot of players in Big Sam's teams.

• Site Supporter

I said last night that I couldn't work out if he's just shit scared of getting involved or he's being asked to do a job I cannot fathom.

Like most of the team, he's good enough but short on confidence.

As bollocks as we were last night, 24 hours later I'm hoping a victory from the jaws of defeat might just spur them into a performance on Saturday.

I've seen more good games from Pratley than bad ones so he is up to the task.

Same goes for most of the others. Which means the manager needs to up his game too.

He needs longer, they all do, but not much longer.

I've lost a lot of faith in Pratley. He wasn't good enough in the Prem - but I thought he would shine out in the Championship and it just hasn't happened often enough. There've been some good games and some good goals. Just not enough to justify what were reported as £17K a week wages when he originally signed.

• Moderators

Pratley made the best run of the game last night,  midway in second half i think, whoever had the ball never looked up to see it despite having all the time in the world. Basic mistakes that have been costing us for two seasons.

trotter made the best run of the night

played a one two and shouldve broke the net

i still read that he never goes forward

i think too many watch the match on tower

My mate is a Swansea fan and he was gutted when he came to us. Probably the main difference is if you're playing in a well organised team where each player is placed according to his strengths then you can look very good indeed without being a world beater. I'd argue that the same was true for a lot of players in Big Sam's teams.

I agree, our disorganized team and set up will never bring the best out of players. We need to buy players that are developed as we sure as shit ain't helping anyone get any better or develop their potential. 

Commentaters on Tower said at half time that Dougie could take him off without replacing him, and it would have no impact on the team, is he really that shit, or is Dougie deploying him in a false position ? to me he is shit scared of getting the ball, when he does its like wtf do I do now, I dunno, a good player turned bad by tactics, or a bad player who got lucky for a season ( Swansea).

He certainly not being deployed in a false position. He's a midfielder playing in midfield. I'm firmly in the pratley isn't good enough camp. He hasn't been scapegoated or targeted more than anyone else. He just contributes very little.

Rarely scores, doesn't tackle. Technically not very good so only really passes to the nearest player as he isn't good enough to do anything else. All he does most of the game is run around a lot. That's it. His control and touch are poor.

His only seemingly redeemable quality prior to coming to Bolton was an ability to arrive late in the box and get goals from midfield. If he's not getting goals then there's no point in him being in the team because we've got better midfielders in our squad.

He's the least of our worries.

Kent has got it right up above.

He certainly is

I'd be more worried about Ream - the Player of the Season Defender who is clueless positionally and cannot tackle; Medo - the most over-rated player in BWFC history who cannot pass 15 yards and is happy to watch players (and the game) drift by him; then there's our attack who are about as penetrative as a micro-penis and threatening as my slippers

And that's before we go anywhere near the clueless Management

Pratley.....he's awreet

Prats has got a great attitude for me, I think he wants to do well for the club he's a box to box midfielder who likes to run on to balls and have the ball in front of him if we're asking him to pick the ball up off the centre halves he's been sold a pup - he'd grow and grow if he was playing in a side brimming with confidence and playing to his strengths - he's no world beater but as has been said and I'd be keeping him in the squad - not sure DF overly rates him but see's him as useful if needed.

• Moderators

i don't mind pratley fwiw

i do remember us playing swanseas reserves in the cup

i think we beat them?

always remember they had somebody id always thought of as a stump up front

well, his control was brilliant

i could only put that down to the time their coaches set aside for ball skills etc

like i say, we won, so maybe its not an issue, it was just an eye opener to see how they had developed this fella

just googled him - luke moore