Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Striker - Max Clayton

Johnny Byrom

• Moderators

Thank you, the point I was making. Took Rhodes a while before he started banging them in, I saw him on loan at Rochdale before that, when he wasn't making it at Ipswich

Aye, clayton's record at Crewe is similar to ricketts at walsall

So here's hoping

• Moderators

am sure someone with decent photoshop skills, satan, could turn this into a bolton themed meme or something

you'd have to change the faces on a weekly basis mind

Deadwood_Season3.jpg

"Some Players Are Better Left On The Bench"

Aye, we may as well hope for the best for now and give the lad a chance!

In any other time and circumstances we'd be looking at this deal and saying 'yes, that's the sort of signing our club should be making', only concern for me is we've signed a few apparently promising, well regarded youngsters over the last year or so and none have turned out to be what they were cracked up to be yet.

Maybe that DF and his team have an eye for a player but less idea of how to bring them on once they get them. Hopefully this lad will be an exception, we could really do with unearthing a nugget and making the most of him for once    

I was at a charity function last night and spoke to Crewe's Manager, he said that Clayton is a good player and the money that we have shelled out for him he should be pushing for the first team. Although, others who know him have said the Championship is at this stage a big step for him. Also said some interesting things about the amount of games teams play and how easy it is to go on a bad run and how hard it is to get out of one. He also said that after 3 years at Crewe he was the 12th longest serving manager in the football leauge and clubs sack managers too quickly.

It's just Max

I'm hearing it is Maxim, after he was conceived at the back end of a night out for his parents in Bolton's one time top town centre weekend pub and nightspot.

There is way too much negativity from many folk on here and on social media, granted we have started slowly way too slowly but every opportunity to slag the club, FFS we have signed a lad with great promise the board have backed it with hard cash, whats wrong with folk today miserable set of bastards get your chins up were not Bury yet. Its a good job many were not about from 80 to 89.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

There is way too much negativity from many folk on here and on social media, granted we have started slowly way too slowly but every opportunity to slag the club, FFS we have signed a lad with great promise the board have backed it with hard cash, whats wrong with folk today miserable set of bastards get your chins up were not Bury yet. Its a good job many were not about from 80 to 89.

In the 20 odd years I have been watching Bolton every time I have heard "one for the future" upon signing they have gone on to do fuck all.

I will take it all back if Dougie gives him a chance in the first team in a proper game & he proves to be decent. Most of the time we never see them again.

Edited by tylswhite

Hmmmmm, you're blowing hot and cold in your old age, G.

There is way too much negativity from many folk on here and on social media, granted we have started slowly way too slowly but every opportunity to slag the club, FFS we have signed a lad with great promise the board have backed it with hard cash, whats wrong with folk today miserable set of bastards get your chins up were not Bury yet. Its a good job many were not about from 80 to 89.

Well said mounts.

There is way too much negativity from many folk on here and on social media, granted we have started slowly way too slowly but every opportunity to slag the club, FFS we have signed a lad with great promise the board have backed it with hard cash, whats wrong with folk today miserable set of bastards get your chins up were not Bury yet. Its a good job many were not about from 80 to 89.

I was there 80 to 89.

It's my desire not to return to those days that has me being a little negative at the moment. It just seems to be one baffling decision after another at the moment, decisions that cost money, with no fruition from investment, whilst moaning about being skint!

Negativity, born out of frustration.

Doesn't stop me going, definately doesn't start me booing, has got me whinging though. Need to see something positive to change the malaise, can't see it under this man anymore.

Hmmmmm, you're blowing hot and cold in your old age, G.

The man management selection and formation policy of DF are separate issues to the purchase of a rated young kid so as they are not related so I'm cold on one and hot on the other it seems it's difficult for some folk to think coherently on different issues the teams doing shit on the pitch so everything connected to the club is called as shit, some folk really need to pull themselves together.

Edited by Mounts Kipper